Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2001 blazer lift help!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

phewwww...ok in my case i am in the clear....2 inch body lift...5" suspension lift...jk

Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Ha your truck pulls it off. But the guy driving down the road with giant tires and their frame only 7" off the ground, it just don't look quite right.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

How are you going to have "giant tires" with a two inch BL? The purpose of a body lift it to make room for bigger tires. And spending the 1800-2000 dollars on a 5 inch suspension lift that really does no more for you off road than allow room for larger tires and increase your ground clearance a few inches is very unpractical in my opinion. No offense to anyone who has a suspension lift. But i would take that money and sas. I have a 2inch bl and a slight torsion twist with shackles in the rear with 31's for now. Perfect lift for a DD on a budget.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by racer1044
How are you going to have "giant tires" with a two inch BL? The purpose of a body lift it to make room for bigger tires. And spending the 1800-2000 dollars on a 5 inch suspension lift that really does no more for you off road than allow room for larger tires and increase your ground clearance a few inches is very unpractical in my opinion. No offense to anyone who has a suspension lift. But i would take that money and sas. I have a 2inch bl and a slight torsion twist with shackles in the rear with 31's for now. Perfect lift for a DD on a budget.
your set up may lookgood, not all of them do.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Beginning Member
ballincopenhagen is on a distinguished road

i cranked my passenger side all the way in and left the driver side where it was... she still doesnt sit level and i have no idea why i think i might have worn out springs up front any ideas? and today someone told me if i flip my leafs springs itll add a few inches any thoughts on that?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ballincopenhagen
i cranked my passenger side all the way in and left the driver side where it was... she still doesnt sit level and i have no idea why i think i might have worn out springs up front any ideas? and today someone told me if i flip my leafs springs itll add a few inches any thoughts on that?
I have the same problem one tbar bolt is all the way in and the other is way out and is new. I assume they can wear out so I'm gonna replace the other.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't flip the leaf spring. Try an add a leaf to level it out if its the rear. Find a level spot and take some frame measurements to see where you stand with the height. Also check your torsion mount bushings. I replaced mine after 217xxx miles and they were horrible. Put the new moog ones in took about an hour and the truck handles better and actually sits more level.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member
ballincopenhagen is on a distinguished road

i took measurements of the bumpers cause it was the easiest but there really isnt anywhere thats level in the blue ridge mountains. my bushings are probly dry rotted everything is rusty cause my truck was originally purchased in ny. how much will replacements set me back?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 AM

I didn't know the mounts wore out

Old 10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
davedidit is on a distinguished road

2" shackles add a leaf rear
T-bar crank
Pro Comp 9000 shocks
urethane bushings all 4 corners
31x10.50x15 BFG KM2's
no prob.

Quick Reply: 2001 blazer lift help!?