Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4wd works but makes clunking sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Beginning Member
BluBlazin is on a distinguished road

I looked into it a little more, something is not lined up right. The boot on the passenger side cv joint i just replaced is already busted. It has been rubbing against the suspension. Something is definitely tweaked or bent, or possibly i have a bad hub. I am goin to look into it some more soon. I want to check the hub, spider gears, and take some measurements.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
audiboyv8 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have managed to track down a used gearbox and transfer case at good price so will go down the route of replacing it first.

I am unable to go back to main dealer for 2 reasons: first is I was given car, it wasn't me who used main dealer for servicing and second is the main dealer in question has gone out of business ( probably due to being incompetent)

I have to say that this being my first american car I am totally converted now, even without 4x4 working it drives great. On the lookout for a suburban so my missus can have blazer.

I have found lots of helpful info on this site sorting out the little faults on the blazer...many thanks.

At least changing the front hub is not to bad a job. hope you get to the bottom of it soon

Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by audiboyv8
Hi, I have managed to track down a used gearbox and transfer case at good price so will go down the route of replacing it first.........I have to say that this being my first american car I am totally converted now, even without 4x4 working it drives great. On the lookout for a suburban so my missus can have blazer...........
glad to hear you found some replacement parts. even better that you feel the price was good. can't imagine what that would even cost over there...................

now that's a smart boy.