Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

4x4 wont work

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member
brosko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4x4 wont work

Hey i just did a engine tranny and tc swap. I now have no 4x4 , i have changes the vacume lines they were burnt up and checked the pug in on the tc ... I read in a dif post that it could be the tccm ... Where abouts is it located ? Is it a smallm black box under the dash on drivers side ? Also read that it could be the fuse but im haveing a hell of a time locateing it also ... thanks guys for any help you have for me

Last edited by brosko; 05-29-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

try the search function you should be able to find the location of the tccm and fuse there will also be some tests you can try thatll help you narrow down the problem.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member

another Q i have is do i have the Auto4wd NV236 TC since i have the push button ... so that would mean i have to get a reader for the older style obd1 ? thanks in advance .. and i have been searching so ya guys know just not the best at finding what im looking for thanks

Old 05-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member

Well i got it in 4 low ... I didnt know it had to be in N was thinking P ... I had it in 4hi but now it wont go back in so i am thinking that its a wire issue somewhere ...

Old 05-30-2009, 09:23 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brosko
another Q i have is do i have the Auto4wd NV236 TC since i have the push button ... so that would mean i have to get a reader for the older style obd1 ? thanks in advance .. and i have been searching so ya guys know just not the best at finding what im looking for thanks

Should be a tag on the back of the TC telling you make and model.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Beginning Member

thanks

Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

to help others help you copy and paste this with your info:
Vehicle Year:
# of Buttons on 4WD selector:
Transfercase type:

That will help the pros 'round here start narrowing in on your issue.

If you are a newer 2 gen Blazer than your TCCM lives behind the kick panel on the passenger side. Its a little silvery box. This holds true for 98+ I beleive (might be 96+). Older 2 gens it lives in you dash and is a black box. Should be in the glove box area of your dash if I remember right.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member

Its a 93 4.3 W
has one toggle type switch with green and orange light
tag on back on tc says Model 233c

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this thread:
NV233 transfer case / encoding motor switch by error_401

It walks through the diagnostic steps and I have added more information by way of wiring diagrams, etc in my reply.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Beginning Member

i know its been a while ..... i just wanted to say thanks for all your replies

Quick Reply: 4x4 wont work