Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

95 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member
beatleb95 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer

Help my 95 blazer is very hard to control it pulls to the right side of road, also worn out the outside tread on the right front tire. i jacked up the right side front and checked the tierods what i found out is I could move the right tire in and out like it was being steared with out the stearing wheel moving no up and down play

Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by beatleb95
Help my 95 blazer is very hard to control it pulls to the right side of road, also worn out the outside tread on the right front tire. i jacked up the right side front and checked the tierods what i found out is I could move the right tire in and out like it was being steared with out the stearing wheel moving no up and down play
Check the idler and pitman arms, those are common things to be replaced on blazers and can make the difference, also take it in for an alignment and have that all tuned up. just my

Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Beginning Member

Thank you I also think it is the idler arm. Cause i did some work for a friend on his Toyota 4x4 truck and when I jacked it up the pass side wheel did the same thing you could turn the wheel like you would if you was stearing it.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Make sure you have a idler arm puller to get it off, and I would spray it with some PB blaster the day before you plan on replacing it otherwise they can be a PITA to get out

Old 04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Beginning Member

It was the idler no special pullars where needed. thank you all... When I got it off the mounting arm could spin and flop like a fish out of water

I did notice when i was under the blazer that the exhust was small by the motor and large toward the muffler

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-30-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has yet to reply.