Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

98 jimmy 4x4 not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 98 jimmy 4x4 not working

Gotta love that kind of attitude. Good luck with what ever it is you do in the future.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
hantayo13 is an unknown quantity at this point

welll i have restored more than enough GM product and have never been happy with them also owned many...this one is worst than any even my old 57 which was at end of days it's day by time i got it ran/served me better

keep on roddin'

Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not picking at you, but were you taking your truck to a GM dealership or some little shop. Not saying that little shops are less competant, but I always get my truck looked at by a chevy mech, beforeI blow a ton of money hoping to fix the problem. I havehad too many of those little shops try and rip me off. I think that the 75 bucks to have them diagnose the problem is more than worth it.Plus the guys on this site are always a big help with any problem I have ever had.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:50 AM

it isnt about the shop it is the **** poor design of the system...why is a button ,tccm and decoder motor a vacumn diafram a cable all needed to shift into 4wd....it just more stuff to break ,f**k up all that is needed is a simple lever on floor ......KISS keep it simple stupid ...how hard is that
keep on roddin'

Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We could do without the language here... Highly unnecessary.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:22 PM

sorry bout the language..but it is a bad design...and for now i am stuck with crawling under truck to shift it into /outof 4wd......$700 at dealer is not an answer it is a piece of crapola

Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator

And why do you believe that the dealership is your only alternative...? Seems a little short sighted. There are many aftermarket alternatives as well as the old standby of a U-Pull-It yard. The ones near me even warranty the parts you pull. If it doesn't work, bring it back for a full refund!

Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah there are plenty of other alternatives like Kyle mentioned to you in Post above. A few of my friends have gotten parts from those U-Pull-It yards.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If the KISS principle applied to vehicles, they'd still be carbed...

People WANT more features. Push button 4x4 isn't a bad idea... You could always get the t-case from the older, floor shifted 4x4sand drop that in.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:45 AM

have already spent way to many hours of shop time and when we put in new decoder motor and TCCM it wouldnt shift out of 4lo not an answer thankful my shop didnt charge me for time cause it didnt fix problem...hoping that company will take back decodeer motor that didnt work other wise i out the $260 i already paid for it
i am not happy

Quick Reply: 98 jimmy 4x4 not working