Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

98 s-10 blazer front diff does not diseng

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
midnightryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 s-10 blazer front diff does not diseng

my blazer has a problem with the front diff not dis eng sometimes the right front grinds and its a pain to make it stop. 4x4 locks in great just wont unlock in front. I tried to pull front diff act out but it wont come out but did unlock the driveshaft untill i went for a drive. whats bad front diff act or vaccum pod or does cable need to be adjusted? I did also turn the torsion bars up to level truck maybe tightend cable? plz help

Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 98 s-10 blazer front diff does not diseng

The front diff does not move with the suspension. Does the front actuator cable move freely? If not, then you need to free it up. If it does and still does not disengage, then you have to open up the front axle where the cable enters and determine if the problem is with the spring that aids in disengaging the front axle.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member
midnightryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 98 s-10 blazer front diff does not diseng

thanks for fast reply! the cable moves just fine when the 4x4 button is pushed, I tried to remove the front diff actuator but cant get it to come out it just pulls on the cable from inside and dont want to pry it out till I have a back up. or is there another method of checking if the spring and so on is working properly?