Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

99 Blazer lifting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Phatalburt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 Blazer lifting?

Well im a complete newb when it comes to lifting rigs, i have always lowered them for better handelling. I have never lifted anything in my life but i have messed with suspension before and bieng a marine tech i know my way around a wrench. My question is im looking for a inexpensive lift for my 99 Blazer 4 door. Im not looking to making it an offroad worrior but i want that aggresive lifted look while gaining some extra ground clearence like 2"-3". what do all of you veterans recomend? body lift or suspension? i see that there are alot of choices out there but i was hoping that there was maybe even a trick that i could gain a couple inches with out droping a grand. any input is much appreciated even if it is just to say "use the search link moron". but im lazy and doing homework

Old 10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 99 Blazer lifting?

i think the least expensive lift would be to crank the torsion bars for a 2" lift up front and get 2" lift shackles for the back. i dont know the exact prices, but im pretty sure lift shackles are less than $100. HOWEVER cranking the torsion bars up 2" will lead to a much greater wear on just about every suspension component. there are a lot of people who do body lifts and there are a lot who do both the body lift and the torsion lift. Rcars2 has a 2" torsion/shackle lift and a 2" body lift with 33" tires and a rearmounted spare tire and his truck look just like a 4door ZR2

searching will answer a lot of quiestions

Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^ Nailed it right on the head there. Only thing i would add is that if you are looking to go a little bigger but keep your reliability go with the body lift and 31's. Should net ya about 1-2 inches of clearance and it looks sharp. If you are ok with watching your front end components and know how to keep everything greased up you can do torsion bars and shackles. This gets you about 1-2 inches clearance in suspension and then if you do 31's you get about another inch or so there. Now if you are really crazy (like me), do both, cut the fenders, and mount 33's .

otnietdehoooo: Ironically making a 4 door ZR2 wasthe inspiration for my blazer, LOL. Thats awesome you picked up on that.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

now all you need are some fender flares and ZR2 stickers.

... or maybe ZR4 b/c its 4door

Old 10-09-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

now all you need are some fender flares and ZR2 stickers.

... or maybe ZR4 b/c its 4door

GAHHHH!!!!! Get out of my head!!!! LOL. I actually am going to do both the fender flares and get a set of custom stickers that say ZR4.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
BF Veteran

lol that is kinda weird

Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I was looking at the ZR5 stickers that they have for the s10 ZR5 since technically you have 5 doors, 4 doors and a liftgate.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM

......But on that same logic wouldnt a ZR2 be a ZR3? LOL. I see where you are going there and i actually thoughtthe same thing but then i went, well....lets be different. Plus Dale is just a bit beefier than a ZR5 at this point.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran

just out of curiosity, was there ever an isuzu version of the zr2? i seethis truckat school all the time and its an isuzu hombre with a 5" or 6" superlift lift (he has a superlift skid plate so im assuming thats what it is) i can see a gap b/w the frame and body (body lift) with fender flares and this truck is pretty high up but he doesnt have very big wheels on. you can see where he has trimmed some for big wheels but they dont look any bigger than 31's... i always thought it was an s10 until i saw the front of it the other day and then i remembered that isuzu had an s-series truck. ill try and take a pic some day

Old 10-09-2007, 07:00 PM

I dont think they had a ZR2 much less a blazer counterpart. Only SUV's they had were the rodeo which is the exact same thing as a honda passport and the rodeo sport which more or less is a Geo tracker. Recently they picked up the trailblazer platform and i think they still have that Axiom crossover thing but other than that i dont think they had a real Isuzu Blazer, at least not in the states.

Quick Reply: 99 Blazer lifting?