Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

ABS troubleshooting help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Starting Member
Fred the Collector is on a distinguished road
Default ABS troubleshooting help please!

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum as a member, but have reading up on quite a bit of your advice. Thanks for the help you were unaware that you've provided.

Here's my current problem:
1995 Blazer LS with PCM (or VCM?) under the hood although it looks like it may be a transplant from another vehicle.
ABS light is on- fuse is fine, and I have power to ABS under the hood. I've tested the front sensors, which I've read should read 350mv or higher with the wheels turning. I think mine were both around 750mv each. I haven't been able to find a rear sensor, or how to test it when I find it.
What else should I be considering at this point? I've read that these modules are quite problematic and often need to be replaced, but that's probably not going to happen due to the price of a new one and I don't see much point in getting a used one. I also saw a video where a fella had to repair a cold solder on a relay in his module.
Removing the module is going to be my very last step, as I suspect it's a PIA to bleed the whole system and I saw some bleeders on the sides of the module that really aren't too accessible.
Thanks for listening and any offers of advice I may get! This will be a winter beater and ABS is nice to have then.

Fred

Old 08-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Starting Member
Fred the Collector is on a distinguished road

Oh, and I have the OBDII type dtc connector but my ABS code reader won't read any codes. Somewhere (I think alldata) I found a schematic for this plug and it seems this one doesn't have the ABS pin in the plug, as in no wire. I figured this was because it's a '95 and OBDII didn't start until '96? Anyhow, I don't know how else to retrieve a code for the light.
Also, the ABS light is on, not the brake light and my reservoir is full.