Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

ABS-uggg

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:01 PM
jjhunny is on a distinguished road
Angry ABS-uggg

2000 Blazer, 2DR, 4x4 - So I slow down at a stop light (slight incline) and the ABS kicks in, grinding and thumping against the brake pedal and the vehicle 30 seconds later starts to stop, nearly rear-ending the Lexus in front of us!! This is the first Chevy I have owned and the first ABS system I have ever dealt with. I have heard the for this particular year the whole ABS system has to be replaced!!! I thought there was a blockage in the brake line to the rear brakes (rear not braking) thus the front having to work double time. But I bled the lines and I'm still having this issue. Another thing I have discovered is that the rotors might be warped from this or the warped rotors are causing the ABS to kick in .
Anyone out there experiencing this issue or knows what I am talking about?
I am so over it!!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:06 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine does the same thing. my problem is the wheel speed sensor malfunctioning. A temporary fix is to drive in 4wd.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 PM

Nope, I've had it at the farm in 4HI and 4Lo and it still does it!!! Ugggg

Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor. I believe the sensor is in the hubs on the front. It's built in.
The rear I'm not sure, might be at the end of the transmission.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

The sensors are located behind the rotor. It is replaceable. I think it is a #15 Torx head bolt.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjhunny
Nope, I've had it at the farm in 4HI and 4Lo and it still does it!!! Ugggg
Oh mine still does it, but it will atleast stop when its in 4wd.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:07 PM

ok what does it look like?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 AM
BigBlockBlazer is on a distinguished road

Remove the main ABS fuse until you can get it fixed. You will not have ABS but you will have normal brake function.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 PM

ok, so i'm guessing the ABS fuse is in the fuse box and not some crazy place that wouldn't make any sense? just to clarify when i remove this fuse i will still have brakes but the ABS assistance will not work? i asked a couple of people about this and they all look at me like i am nutz.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jjhunny
ok, so i'm guessing the ABS fuse is in the fuse box and not some crazy place that wouldn't make any sense? just to clarify when i remove this fuse i will still have brakes but the ABS assistance will not work? i asked a couple of people about this and they all look at me like i am nutz.
that is correct. under the hood, driver's inner fender between your air box & ABS unit. look under the lid, it'll have a lay-out of what each replay/fuse is for. i think it's one of the 50AMP MAXI fuses. <---oops!

the brakes are hydraulic, not electrical, so it won't affect the normal operation of daily driving. just keep in mind that there won't be any ABS in a panic stop or slippery conditions. 'til you get this fixed of course.

i'd stop talking to, or asking those people, for any advice.

****EDIT**** i should've put in what i thought in the first place. it's the 60AMP fuse in there.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 02-17-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: corrected info.

Quick Reply: ABS-uggg