Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Alignment off. goes right

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

bought a 95 4door blazer. tire was wearing uneven in the front. was wearing in ward. got an alignment. still went right (. switched the good tires to the front. no change. then i replace the 2 bad tires the good ones in the back and the new in the front. no change. i complained because other shop checked align and it was off so they gave me my money back. went to a differnt shop and they aligned it still goes right. took it back and they told they put the left tire on the right and right on the left. and now its fixed. and that it could also b because of the roads being un even. so i left. now awhile later i drove on brand new paved roads and held the steering straight it still went right. What coud be my problem?

also it doesnt seen my tires are wearing unevenly anymore but idk what to do.

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-04-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

First question is how long are the tires on? If it is only a short time you may not see wear yet. Second did they give you a print out of the alignment before and after they did it? If all is centered is the suspesion even / not sagging on the right side and last does it change at all when braking. You may have a brake that is hanging up. Check the front and rear brakes calipers,slides,pads, shoe adjustment and wheel cylinders. One more thing does the pulling stop when you press the brakes, if so you may have a front brake hose that has collapsed. Let us know what you find and we will all help you out.Good Luck.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How many different brands of tires are on the vehicle? Are they all the same size?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

maybe front tires on a couple months. 2 new ones on the front and the good ones on the back. back tires are the same and front r the same. no print out before but after, they showed me print and said it was all in line. had alignment done at 2 different shops. i got rear brakes cleaned and adjusted after i got it inspected and emissions back in april. it seems to brake fine. and another thing at 75mph it starts to shake at the steering wheel. it seem like that after i got the new tires but idk. i noitce that sometimes i go to hop in an drive it, and step on the gas it sounds like it taken in a lot of air. and do that for awhile but it maybe b/c of the heat. but most of the time it sounds normal. could it also be that everytime i press the gas pedal and then let it go it makes a rattling noise and took a hammer and knocked on the cat converter and no noise.

to sum it up: rattles (rite after i press gas and let it go), goes rite when i hold steering wheel straight, rough idle (had injectors changed, new cap, spark plugs/wire, trans fluid), power mirrors not working, drivers door sags(needs new pins)

also the steering wheels seems stiff and makes noises when i turn the wheel. and i got 235 75 15 size tire than the door labe says tire size 235 70 15

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-05-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
35s on 20s is on a distinguished road

I am also having this problem. I have 235/75s all the way round hve had mine aligned 3 times in past yr. Still doing it. My ball joints came loose here while bk and I replaced the bolts holding them one at a time. Didn't think I'd need to check it after that. But mine has been getting worse over the past week or so. I have not checked the brakes yet but will do that tomorrow. Is there anything else that could be causing this if the brakes aren't the problem?? It is not pulling as much when I put the brakes on either. Probably none at all. Thanks. Cody A