Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

awd sevice light

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Beginning Member
boomin_brava is on a distinguished road
Default awd sevice light

Ok so i went offroading and noticed awd does not work.. checked atm fuse it was blown. Replaced it and then the service light came on.. no blown fuse. Went to autozone and it had codes for pump motor, rear speed sensor, and stop light. My problem is i cnt find the rear speed sensor. And are any of these related to my awd not working??i am cery unfamilar with this setup. And past issues on this topic dnt seem to help.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

I remember how frustrating it was when I bought Bravadiva and got the Service AWD almost immed.

But what is it exactly you want? There's no help we can give you with what you have. The trip to AZ was for nothing.

Here's the first rule of car help forums:

If you want help solving problems, we dont care what you think the code means, we REALLY dont care what Autozone thinks a code means.
Here's the loc. I'll wait on the actual codes to comment further.

Attached Thumbnails awd sevice light-locs_tc_sensors.jpg  

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-23-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Beginning Member

Well what i want is to figure out what i need to do to get my awd to work. A guy on a different forum had the same prob. Atc fuse blown then he replaced it and got the service light.. would replacing the module behind the kick panel be worth the effort? And im really not sure hlw to check codes. I dnt have a reader

Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member

From what the scanner read today there is a rear speed sensor out but clearly.. if im not it be the mistaken there is no such thing in the rear. So by looking at that diagram could it be one of those speed sensors?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran

Didnt you get the codes read before? Go to a different store. When they read them tell them you want the actual codes.

Yeah.. there are two speed sensors on the rear shaft.. VSS for speedo, and the rear slip sensor for the TC control. The one for the front slip is over the front shaft.
Your problem might be that sensor, it might not.

Maybe you should read some of the other problem solving threads on here to get an idea of the process.
2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums
It isnt usually a case of "I got a P0xxx" "Well, change the defizzbulator". It's not how it works.

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Beginning Member

Well shoot.. now the awd serice l exept when u fir nlrmal. Also my abs light wen you turn the key like nlrmal. And my abs light wnt come on either. Am i just going to have to wait for these lights to re appear? Bc they cnt read anything now

Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by boomin_brava
Well shoot.. now the awd serice l exept when u fir nlrmal. Also my abs light wen you turn the key like nlrmal. And my abs light wnt come on either. Am i just going to have to wait for these lights to re appear? Bc they cnt read anything now
hope the reason for that is you're on a phone.

Dont worry, it'll come back. Came and went on mine for a while.

Do you have sensation of 'crabbing'/binding on slow turns? Feel like rear end locked when backing and turning?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Beginning Member

Haha yea sorry i was on my phone. And at work lol. Last night i noticed it using more gas but i really couldnt tell you for sure yet. Ive never drove anything 4x4/awd. But from what ive read the front wheels dont engage till the rear wheels slip. If this is true why wouls it use anymore gas if ur not offroading? But then again why did the last guy who had my bravada take that shaft out? Must be turning all the time?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by boomin_brava
Haha yea sorry i was on my phone. And at work lol. Last night i noticed it using more gas but i really couldnt tell you for sure yet. Ive never drove anything 4x4/awd. But from what ive read the front wheels dont engage till the rear wheels slip. If this is true why wouls it use anymore gas if ur not offroading? But then again why did the last guy who had my bravada take that shaft out? Must be turning all the time?
Look.. lets try to concentrate on what needs done. So YOU'RE the guy whose truck came with the front driveshaft disconnected. I dont find that fact in this thread.
And we dont have a magic database to keep track.

It IS sort of important. Is the driveshaft in now? I asked you a question on how it acts on very low speed turns. If the driveshaft isnt in, it wont happen.

To solve a problem we need all info on things CONNECTED to the problem.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member

Yes it is in i put it in when i first got it.

Quick Reply: awd sevice light