Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Blazer/jimmy history

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default Blazer/jimmy history

So, I had a random thought today, When It snowed, I realized that my Jimmy has Posi, and not the 1 wheel wonder like my 94 had, I am wondering if this is a stock option, or if the previous owner put in a posi rear end?

and if it not a stock option, what years came with posi, what years came with one wheel wonder ect.. seems like a vague question. Just curious.
Could be for a interesting conversation/ info

Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Run a search for "G80" and see what comes up.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I was searching up earlier and came up with the g80, but I am honestly confused by all of this, the reason I ask, and wanted to know is because no matter what, both wheels spin in the rear, can be on wet pavement, snow. The previous owner when I got it, said he put a "new" rear end in it, but did not go into details.
I always like learning new things, Have already learned a lot ontop of what I already knew from being here.
So thanks to everyone for that.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Tip on searching. String terms together with a '+' sign. Terms like 'G80' might return a couple hundred threads while 'G80+operation' or 'G80+description' will narrow it down.

If the previous owner changed it, the only way you are going to figure it out is by pulling the rear diff cover off and taking a look at what's inside.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks! I'm glad I found this place. I will get more use of the search now that i got that pointer so I do not flood with questions that have probably already been asked.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Administrator

There are a lot more tips on searching in the link in my signature. I can't possibly remember everything that I have posted over the years, but I do remember posting most of it so a few search terms is all that it takes to find the info.