Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Clicking noise from rear end?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008 | 04:20 PM
|
Beginning Member
juicy_jay_510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clicking noise from rear end?

I have a 2wd 2dr 2000 Chevy Blazer, yesterday i spun out in the rain and hit the rear agaisnt the sidewalk andcracked my rimnow when driving you hear a clicking noise from the rear end, does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong with my Blazer.

Thanks

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Clicking noise from rear end?

Wheel bearing, brake issue, axle problem...could be alot. Have you done a visual inspection of all the rear end components on the side where you cracked the rim? If you impacted with enough force to crack the rim, I'm sure you bent/cracked something else as well!

Glad to hear youre ok though! Score one more for the blazers!

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:07 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

oooops- cracked the rim how bad????? any pics, we all know threads without pics are useless LOL How loud of a click ? I`m thinking it may be the rim where it cracked when it flexes its clicking as it goes around but i dunno...

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Hrm..I was assuming he had already removed the cracked rim..but that's a good point...

You're not still driving on the cracked one are you?!?

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:24 PM
|
Beginning Member

Im riding on my spare, i checked the rear end nothing looks broken, and its more like a clunking noise.

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:26 PM
BF Veteran

After you dropped the spare tire, did you make sure to draw the spare-tire-holder back up as far as it goes? If it's loose at all it will swing around and clunk against the body!

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:41 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

how fast were you going when you slammed this curb?? nutter crestion,,, If your in the veh windows down ( your in CA) its warm there... When you start to roll do you hear the noise then it stops and starts again and then stops ya get where i`m comin from? If you kicked the rear over that much i`m then thinkin it may be the U-joints on the rear diff yoke...

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:56 PM
|
Beginning Member

i have the cracked rim in where the spare tire goes and its on tight, as for how fast i was going probably about 30mph, i just jacked up the blazer and while spinning the wheel manually you hear the noise from the center of the rear diff.

shouldi still dirive it or wait till its fixed, i only drive 2 miles to work and back.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2008 | 06:51 PM
|
Beginning Member

i just took it for a spin and when u turn and brake it feels like if the rear wants to come loose

Old 02-22-2008 | 06:55 PM
BF Veteran

Oh wow, narrowed it down to the diff. That's not a reassuring thing[&o]. I'm no gear expert, so Ima wait for the answer just like you

Quick Reply: Clicking noise from rear end?