Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Control Arm Bushing Washers

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Beginning Member
kancop is on a distinguished road
Default Control Arm Bushing Washers

I am removing the control arms to replace the bushings both upper and lower.

I bought the Energy Suspension replacement kit. Comes with everything but the washers. . .

Seems that you can replace everything but the washers (which I am defining as the end caps that fit over the polyurethane).

Getting the old washers off seems to be a nightmare, and they look worn and in need of replacement anyway.

So my question is should I return the kit and go with standard rubber bushings that have the washers?

Or, is there a place that I can find the washers only?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member
Baddogkuzz is on a distinguished road

Sorry I am not going to be any help as far as where to get new washers. But I have installed E.S. front end kits before and with my experience I have had to reuse the old ones. Mind you I have never used E.S. parts on a Blazer before. I had to use a torch get the old ones apart and then clean the mess off the washers and sometimes even the sleeves. Personally I have found that the E.S. bushings do really tighten up the front end. But after about 10k they started to squeak and get noisey which drove me NUTTS !! And in the cold as they get some miles on them they even made some popping sounds from them contracting. The E.S. products are good but they are just noisey after awhile.

I am getting ready to go thru my front end when the weather warms up if it ever does. And if I need to replace the bushings I am going to use Moog or graphite impregnated ones. I had done a '79 T/A for a friend with the E.S. bushings and ended up after 3 yrs later replacing them with the graphite impregnated ones and that was 15 yrs ago and they are still good and make no noises or squeaks. I just don't know if they make a kit for the Blazer
https://www.performancesuspension.co...uild-kits.html
Moog K6418 Upper Control Arm Bushing Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive Moog K6418 Upper Control Arm Bushing Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited by Baddogkuzz; 03-03-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member
kancop is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. . . I decided to go with new MOOG parts. I am sending my ES stuff back.