Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Drivetrain noise???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:50 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drivetrain noise???

When i driving with the windows down and music low or off i can hear a ticking or more of a clicking noise while im driving. I drove next to a wall to figure out where its coming from (because the sound bounces off the wall making it louder) and its coming from underneath the car! I just cant figure out where! It wwont do it on a lift which to me elimates the possiblity that somethings in the driveshaft so what else could it be?? anyone have and ideas? maybe something with the transfer case??

Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Drivetrain noise???

Honestly Check your tires for rocks or something else. We have alot ofbridges around here that have walls that I have to drive by all the time. I hear it all the time usually ends up to be rock lodgedin tight in the treads. Just a thought.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah that might be a possiblility, otherwise it could be something with you hub assemblies or something on you brakes. Not totally sure where to look, but I hear vehicles drive by all the time that have a single wheel clicking. Maybe swartlkk will respond soon.

-Lenny

Old 07-18-2007, 05:34 PM
bigbill23 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the kinda noise you get when you have a rock stuck in your tires, i know that noies well!!! Plus i have bridgestone dueler revos so the gaps in the tread are kinda big. The only part that i dont get is that it wont do it while its on a lift in the air on when on the ground!!! Its very aggrevating, ive just been turning my radio up but i dont want anything major to break nor do i want to start throwing parts at it! On a plus side, i got the front two windows tinted today!!!!