Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Fabtech/Superlift/Rough Country Lift Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Fabtech/Superlift/Rough Country Lift Kits?

Hey I was wondering if anyone had a Fabtech 3.5" suspension lift on their 4x4 Blazer? Looks like this one

Or a Superlift 2" Suspension lift like this one

I was wanting to know if you have either of these or heard things about either of these, if it would be worth it to get one over the other, how easy it is to install, any increased chance in worn out parts (balljoints, CV joints, etc.)? Also if you have any pics of these kits installed it would be much appricated.

-Lenny

Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fabtech/Superlift Lift Kits?

The superlift one does nothing more than what torsion bar crank ups will do. Yay it gets you newA-arms butthe ones ya got are pretty strong.As for the fabtech, i havent seen that kit before but im kinda sketchy about fabtech, they arent known for the best quality. Being as its a simple kit ill give them some room as they cant really screw up the design.

As for wear, you bet ur butt the superlift will cause some. For the fabtech i dont know.......WAIT A SECOND, that fabtech lift is for a 2WD or at at least it looks that way. At any rate i say go t-bars, shackles, shocks (go superlift shocksif ya want, they ride nice), and then if ya rub cut away and get fender flares from EGR (only company that makes em for the 4 doors).

Just my $0.02

Edit: Or you can do a body lift too.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Yeah I was just looking at that fabtech lift and it showed up in both searches as a 2wd and a 4wd lift, I think it is only for 2wd since it has spindles, but I am not sure maybe i'll give them a call tomorrow when they are open and ask them about it. Cause the fabtech looks good and is a reasonable price. Idk, I might just do the t-bar and shackles and a body lift, and minor trimming if it comes to that. Anyone know anything about the Rough Country lift for the blazer, it looks good, but it has no price info on the website or pics. I looked at the installation instructions and it shows that you have to weld some stuff, so I would need to get my friend to help me or pay someone to install it. Here's a link to the rough country lift page.

-Lenny

Old 07-08-2007, 06:06 PM

I have a feeling that this lift may be very much like the superlift one. Not too sure why they relocate the upper shock mount but hey, whatever. I dont have any experience with this rough country lift but I've helped install them on a couple jeeps and they really do work well. Granted the ones i installed were for 4-6 inches of lift but in general they seem pretty solid. Plus it does come with shackles which is a plus.

Up to you ultimately in the end, but im a cheap a** so i went the nearly free route, LOL.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:18 PM

yeah thats the route i was planning for a while and still may do. A 2" shackle in the rear and a 1-2" crank in the front, plus a 2" body lift, and 31" tires gives me an equivilent 5" rear and 4-5" front lift all for relatiely cheap compared to a fullout suspension lift. The only thing I am worried about is the front end component wear doing a t-bar crank. the truck does have 135k on the clock and i am not sure if any of those components have been replaced before, therefore dont want to shell out big money for ball joints and hub assemblies and cv joints/axles. Just my thoughts and therefore the thought of possibly only doing a 1" front T-bar crank.

-Lenny

Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Heck, i got more miles than that on Dale, 138,890 to be exact, and im running it. Since ive owned it from 52,000 miles onward, the ball joints havent been changed (been inspected and greased but otherwise left alone) and ive been running the t-bar setup for about 1500 miles and so far no problems. Im just keeping an eye on the parts each oil change. At any rate i do understand where you are coming from there. If you are looking at 4-5 inches lift with minimal worry on wear i say get the trailmaster full suspension lift or the superlift full suspension lift. Both will get ya much taller without the front end worries. Both also cost over a grand but hey its worth it in the end.

You also got one last option. You can have a set of street tires and offroad tires and then when ya want to wheel just install the shackles real quick and crank the t-bars and go. When ur done put it all back. Kinda extreme but hey its an option.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 PM

I have thought about getting a new set of rims. How stupid would it look if I left the shackles on all the time and just cranked the t-bars each time i go? probably pretty bad, i think i would probably just go with the t-bar, shackles, and body lift and bigger tires. I'll look into the trailmaster, but I doubt it will happen since that is intense installation and big money and a little higher than I really want after getting tires to go with it, it would be like 6-7" and I think the legal limit in WI is 6" and not sure about MI (where I am most of the year while at school).

-Lenny

Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey lenny i don't think 6" is the limit in WI. I know a guy that has a 96 4-door blazer with at least 8" of lift he customized it himself.

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

I have thought about getting a new set of rims. How stupid would it look if I left the shackles on all the time and just cranked the t-bars each time i go? probably pretty bad, i think i would probably just go with the t-bar, shackles, and body lift and bigger tires. I'll look into the trailmaster, but I doubt it will happen since that is intense installation and big money and a little higher than I really want after getting tires to go with it, it would be like 6-7" and I think the legal limit in WI is 6" and not sure about MI (where I am most of the year while at school).

-Lenny
Huh? I never heard of a lift restriction in WI. I know that there is a general height restriction but you would have to be as tall as a semi to hit that and even still its only there so you dont hit overpasses. LOL, if there were a lift restriction half of my old neighbors would be getting tickets and fines everyday

Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Here's my buddy George's Blazer. Ithas a Superlift 5" lift and 2" Body lift.

Quick Reply: Fabtech/Superlift/Rough Country Lift Kits?