Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 PM
M&M CUSTOM is on a distinguished road
Default First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.

My first "casualty" of off-roading, the entire swaybar endlink on the passenger side decided it wanted to stay out in the woods. I have the replacement part here, but it rides smoother without it there.

The replacement swaybar endlink so I can fix a slight issue from our 4WD adventure last night, I completely LOST the factory part somewhere in the woods, probably doing a 3 point turn that required a Spotter. I plan on fabricating some quick- disconnect links soon, I also plan on incorporating a way to use an extension into the design for when I lift the Jimmy next year.

Now for the Stick pictures:
Potential problem and a little concern while we are just about to come out of the woods last night, this stick was about 2 and a half feet long, 1 and a half inches in diameter, and wedged between the floor and frame, rubbing on the exhaust crossover and front driveshaft, and wedged into the back of the transmission bellhousing, good thing we were cutting trees and had something to remove it easily, I couldn't put enough force to it to break it where it was located.

Attached Thumbnails First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.-endlinkgone.jpg   First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.-newendlink.jpg   First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.-stickstuck1.jpg   First offroad casualty & potential problem averted.-stickstuck2.jpg