Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Front left CV axle replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 PM
deafblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Front left CV axle replacement

Anybody know where are the specific link, threads, vids, or such to walk through on how to replace it? It's a 91 4dr s10 blazer. I tried to search it, but it didn't get me to where I want. Or it is just because I'm a newbie at this(bear with me, I'm willing to learn everything on this site). The problem is that I heard a one bang/pop as I turned left. When I turned the front left wheel, it made a noise like ratchet clicking. Might be wheel bearing or shaft. Correct me if I'm wrong. The noise increases as I accelerate. I notice some grease-alike leaking as well; I assume the grease comes out from inside the boot. Let me know if I'm missing some infos to fill in the answer, I'm gladly to answer. If this is not a problem but its something else, please let me know. I'm not expert with cars but I am slowly picking it up.

Let me know asap. Planning to work on it this week.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

If it clicks when you turn it is more then likely the CV joint in the axle that is bad. And being that you mentioned grease everywhere. If you were closer to me I'd help you fix your truck, I know ASL as well as english. My wife is deaf too.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 PM

Aye will check on that. It's too damn cold to do it today. Being a first time at this issue, hopefully I'll be able to walk through easily of course with some obstacles in a way as usual. Damn, where you live at? Im like 15ish mins away from ind. state line.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Starting Member

About 20 minutes east of Indianapolis.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:01 PM

Damn, it would be nice to have some help and learning. I'll let you know the progress, hope I don't screw anything up. I remember seeing good amount of rusts. I'm a 3rd owner btw. Ah, any idea what's the cause of this problem?

Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Starting Member

The rust? It is from Idot dumping salt every where all winter long. InDOT does the same, mine has a bunch of rust under the truck as well.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Yeah I thought so. Damn em idot, it aint just right. Well, maybe it's just me being a noob with how bad rust is. I guess I do care about 1st gen blazer very much. Eventually I'll post pics either here or on albums of where the rusts is. I remember seeing it around the brakes and on the gas tank(probably the cause comes from body lift and no wall in the back fenders to prevent dirts/water.) Speaking of that, I have lack of responsibility to wash off the dirts. Guess the result of that is getting some orange-y rust colors around gas tank area. Plan to wash it when it gets warm outside.