Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

front shaft turns in 2wd on left turns only

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default front shaft turns in 2wd on left turns only

well basically like the subj says: when i make a left turn my frontdriveshaft turns and rattles, almost feels like it bumps my undercarriage under my seat. now the truck is in 2wd/ havn't tried in 4wd yet cause the vacuum switch is faulty. and it only happens on left turns, right turns: no problem.

at first i thought front end wear, but everything from arms to ball joints seems intact and tight. in fact the shocks and upper joints are new(6-9months).
then i checked out the torsion bar mount and its in good shape.

the issue only started after i removed the vacuum line to the 4wd actuator. why did i do that? well during the winter i had to bypass the vacuum switch to engage the front for 4wd. so i would remove line to disengage the front and after the last snow i removed the line and plugged it with a screw. some time later the problem arose. so i reset the original vacuum setup, since not needing 4wd. and the problem is still there. i can also make slow left turns and not have it happen.
oh and i know the front shaft is turning cause i have marked it and its different every time i drive.

anyone got a clue on what i should look for.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: front shaft turns in 2wd on left turns only

*Moved to Steering, Suspension, & Drivetrain*

Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

yep yep i finally noticed that there was a section for my prob, thats why i moved it over here myself. i just never deleted the original.

but besides that kyle, do you have a clue on what i should be looking for? usually you are alot more helpfull with atleast alittle insight.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 AM
litlchevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like what my '92 4x4 Blazer is doing. If anyone knows what causes this I would apperciate also. Only on left turns, if I turn real slow it doesn't happen. Sounds like something is hitting undercariage of the truck[:@]