Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

hheellpp

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:38 PM
plcboy416 is on a distinguished road
Default hheellpp

why does my 00 blazer sag on he passenger side sag. its got a new torsion bar an is adjusted all the way up just to sit kinda right. when i hit the brakes that side drops instantly. PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:11 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully someone can come and move this for ya to a more relevant section.

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

^^^ lol ^^^

when was the last time you took a peek at your shocks?
Ball joints?
Tie rod ends?

00 blazer what? 2 dr 4 dr zr2? lowered lifted stocker?
did you do your own t-bar swap or did a shop do it?
are you mechanical or a car noob?

any pertenant info you can share will help you get a more direct and tailored answer. DONT POST THIS SAME QUESTION AGAIN, but this kind of thing would fit better in another part of the forum, like suspension tech for example. use the are descriptions to help you find the right fit for your question.

was the vehicle involve in an accident? are you the original owner? why did you swap the bar? any chance you used an "indexed" key on the new t-bar?

Fill us in yo.
Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*moved to 'suspension, steering & drivetrain'*

Old 11-25-2009 | 06:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Something is not right in the suspension if you have replaced the torsion bar and it did not change the ride height. I would suspect a bent/broken lower control arm.

Old 11-25-2009 | 04:21 PM
plcboy416 is on a distinguished road

i changed the torsion baar cause it sagged an it does the same thing its been to two shops an none can tell me why. shocks r bran new also. im not sure but i dont think it was ever in an acident. the garge said they cant see any think thats broke bent or binding so im not sure whats goin on?

Old 11-25-2009 | 05:49 PM
jstutzman is on a distinguished road

If it is dropping when you hit brakes, maybe you got a bad shock. New one on left is stiff becuase its new and maybe new(broken one) on left is dead. Just a thought but if its dropping when you hit brakes, that is the only thing i can think of.

Old 11-25-2009 | 07:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A shock won't cause the suspension to dive while braking. The change is too gradual.

It is definitely something wrong with your suspension.