Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Hub Assemble Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hub Assemble Replacement

Blazer repair school. Thanks for the compliment.

The anti-sieze is a good idea, and I totally forgot about it. Anti-siezewhere the cv axles splines slide into the hub assemble, and put anti-sieze onthe hub assemble bolts (3), and the lug studs (5).
I also like the idea of greasing up the rubber o-ring.
One other thing is die-electric grease on the ABS sensor harness.

Excellent tips guys.

I don't see anything wrong with sticking the whole thread in DIY, or just the first one with a link to this thread for the tips recommended and any Q&A. Swart, I leave it in your hands. What ever you think is best. Let me know if I need to modify anything. Or copy and paste as you see fit.

I think my next one will be on how I flushed my coolant system. Did that on Sunday during half time. Or should I do it on replacing aheadlight bulb?One of mine burnt out last night.

Edit: I went back and added the tips to the original post.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:30 PM
sintrigue is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't tell you how helpful this was. Got the job done in under three hours and I'm not a mechanic in no way. I'm a computer programmer... don't know a thing in the world about vehicles. The post was great.

Thanks.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see not only us GearHead Garage, Back Yard Mechanics and/or Service Techs can help out those who like to do their own work. Congrats to the Computer Tech[sm=pcwhack.gif] that is venturing into yet another Self Help wrencher [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we're here for! Congrats on the successful repair! And I will get around to putting this into the DIY section at some point... Ah heck, I'll do it now...

Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM

[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
ORIGINAL: swartlkk

That's what we're here for! Congrats on the successful repair! And I will get around to putting this into the DIY section at some point... Ah heck, I'll do it now...
[sm=admin.gif]Wondered when you were going to do this

Old 01-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have been so busy lately it isn't even funny. I have had the whole week between Christmas and New Years off work, but I haven't stopped working on my house at any one point. To make matters worse, I have a ton of stuff to finish up before I go back to work tomorrow and I picked up some kind of stomach bug that started causing all sorts of issues Saturday and still lingers... Fun fun! LOL Oh well, I'll survive.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:10 PM

Sorry to see that the Flu bug is catching up to you. I understand being over loaded. It's no fun.
DOH, dont remind me of house work. I have a load of Renovations still left to do on mine. And that does not include the Holliday clean up SHHEEESH I even have crap from the neighbors party all over my yard.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
lemon blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know of a goodauto parts storein Ontario, Canada where they sell the hub replacement assembly like the model shown for this thread? I would like to go with that Timken unit but I'm unsure if there's an Autozone around. Near me is a Canadian Tire and Car Quest and I don't want to buy one from a dealership because I'm sure they are around 300-400 dollars. Any info appreciated on price and location.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Beginning Member
mellon101 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the Auto Zone website, they say that Canadian customers can call 800-288-6966 to place an order.

It may be worth calling to see how bad the shipping cost would be.

I just replaced both of mine with new Timkens from auto zone, and they were a little different than the ones in this post. The 96 model has a different ABS design, so a new sensor is not included. I am guessing that is why they were cheaper... $134 each.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:23 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Call CarQuest too. TIMKEN is the manufacture and they have more then one distriburtor. I got mine from a midwest chain called Blain's Farm & Fleet. Its a farmers type store. They sell clothes, shoes, toys, housewares, autoparts, farm supplies like fencing, live stock feed, live chicks, guns & ammo, fishing stuff, bikes, trailers, sheds,parts for tractors, car stereos, tires, welders, tools, etc.

Quick Reply: Hub Assemble Replacement