Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Lifting an 02 2WD Blazer....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
pfcmooney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lifting an 02 2WD Blazer....

Hello, This is my first SUV i've ever had, i've done the whole lowered car thingy, so now i want to do a lifted 2WD 2 door blazer. I'm only wanting to do about 3" all around, i want to clear so 31's with suspension play. How should i go about doing this? I want the most cost effective way...

I bought the 3" Block kit from Autozone along with some spring knuckles...but would this work? Please explain....Thanks!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:01 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Lifting an 02 2WD Blazer....

im not sure what kit it is that you bought so i dont know what all it comes with but, on these trucks, the leaf springs are under the axle, so putting a block between the axle and spring will lower the truck, not lift it...

for the rear, you can buy lift shackles which will relocate where the leaf springs meets the frame which can give you about a 1.5-2" lift. you can also get an add-a-leaf which will lift the back

for the front, i believe you can buy lift springs which will justbe longer than the stock ones. also, you can buy lift spindles for the front but that will probably cost a little bit more than the springs.

or you can just buy a 3" body lift which wont actually lift the chassis away from the ground (moves body away form frame)but will still allow you to use larger wheels

Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Yea, i appreciate that info, but i'd rather be further from the ground, so i can go over sharp hills.

I understand that putting the block between the leef and axle will lower it with the way it's setup now, but does anyone know if theres a conversion to get the axle under the leafs?

I'm going to try putting silverado 1500 springs in the front and if it's too high i'll just cut them accordingly.

Anyone else have any input?

Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I think that if you try the silverado springs there to wide to fit in the buckets. Also the knuckles you got are worthless for lifting, they more or less prevent full spring compression ( like preventive bottoming out). If you look for lift spindles here is some info

FAB-FTS7283-7

GMC S10 PICKUP, S15 PICKUP 1983-2001

$426.99
that is off the desert rat website, pretty expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ST-LI...QQcmdZViewItem
This link is for lift springs for your front end, 80 bucks for the pair.

Finally i found a suspension lift for ya, and here's the link
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/GM_S10_2wd.htm
here's some ideas of what your looking at, any other questions just ask. [sm=signs003.gif]

Sorry about the body lift took that link out, it was for a full size blazer sorry but hey, you really wanted suspension and i know that link is for ours.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

The 3" BL you linked to seems to be for a full size (73-91) Blazer.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks for pointing that out Tripleblackblazer, I fixed it by taking it out, sorry for that error.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Thanks thegr81 for the links, thats an absolute awesome find! I kind of like the 2" lift setup, and the price isn't too bad as well. I may just go along with that setup! I appreciate the time you took to do that for me.

I'll post whatever i decide for sure and pics of course of the final product.....should be a couple of weeks to get them, then the shipping time....but i'll keep you updated!

Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran

No problem anything to help out, let us know if you need anything else!!! [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't giving you a hard time gr81, just didn't want him to order it thinking it was for his. Good find on the new links!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran

Oh its all good TBB, I was thanking you for pointing that out, I always appreciate a helping hand. If it wasn't for you pointing that out I would have felt terrible if he did order it on thinking it was right I totally missed it. Again thankyou if you ever find an error on my part like that again let me know so I can correct it , I think I was having a dee dee dee moment. LOL [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Lifting an 02 2WD Blazer....