Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

lockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
lil_blazin is on a distinguished road
Question lockers

Well my blazer has 10-bolts there stock for now but i want to put lockers in them. The truck is for mud and daily driving basicly so i didnt think i need to put axles and crap in it. I know what gears im going with already so the deciding factor is lockers. What lockers would you guys suggest for the front and rear?

Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

wat rear end do you have in the truck now?? some blazers come with stock lockers.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 PM

10-bolt half ton rear end

i couldnt tell you much more then that sorry i havent actually cracked the dif open and looked yet i know it doesnt do yeah much good

Old 05-09-2009, 12:04 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

well im not quite sure wat kind of blazer you have but if its an s series just look in the glove box at ur rpo codes and look for G80 thatll be the code for a factory locker, im not sure if the same code will apply for a full size blazer tho.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 AM

oooohhh its a full size lolz

Old 05-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please put your vehicle information in your signature and attach it to your posts.

You can look on the glove box for the SPI or RPO code label (depending on year) which should detail if you have a gov-loc or lsd rear already in your truck. You could also pop the diff cover and have a look.

How much are you looking to spend on this? If you are already swapping gears, then you can go with a new diff center section. If that is the case and provided that a selectable locker is in your budget, I would go with either an ARB air locker or one of the new e-lockers from Eaton. These give you the option of unlocking the axle for around town driving and then locking it in when the going gets tough.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Well ive thought about it i dont have a large budget so i guess im going to ditch one or the other gears or lockers? I would like a rear locker but i know that the blazer will be guttless without gears..

Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What gears do you have now and what tires are you planning on putting on?

I have 3.73:1 gears with 33's on my K5 and it is no slouch going down the road.

You can put a lunchbox style locker into your open rear diff case for under $300.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:17 PM

stock gears and 35" tires

Old 05-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator

What is stock...? You could have 3.42, 3.73, or 4.10's stock. You need to figure out where you are, then figure out where you want to be.

Have you tried to drive with those tires?

Quick Reply: lockers