Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Minimal Damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Minimal Damage

Quick thought I am going to throw out there. Would a 1" Torsion Bar Crank put considerable wear on the front end components? I'm not looking to go sky-high with it. I just want a little more space between the tire and wheel well to ensure that the tire doesn't rub in there if I hit a large bump. Just figured that the angle on a 1" crank is not as severe as the 2" and would probably stress much less.

Let me know what you think.

As you can see, the tires currently fill the wheel wells pretty good.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Minimal Damage

you should be fine with that it shouldn't put to much wear on the other components to bad and it will look pretty sweet

Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Get it aligned.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah it would be considerablely less wear than a 2" t-bar crank, but there will probably still be more than stock. Definately get it aligned once you are satisfied about the height. I am probably going to do at least a 1.5" Tbar/shackle lift and maybe a 2" body lift too not sure, but I am going to be running 31" BFG AT's

Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Those BFG AT's are bitches with rubbing, just a heads up!

Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If you duff the front end hard enough to bounce, while the wheels are slightly turned, you're gonna make little notches at the tops of the fenders... but that's at stock height with 30s...

I don't think you'll have to worry about the tops of your fenders after that body lift, lenny, lol.

I wanted to do a 3/4" or so t-bar crank on mine...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

1 inch? why not? The stockball joints will wear out on your blazer even if you havent cranked the t-bar! lol

Old 09-01-2007, 04:44 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Hey now... I've still got the stockers!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

Hey now... I've still got the stockers!
Its only a matter of time! lol

Old 09-03-2007, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I still got the stockers too, and they have 142,000 on them. Sure eventually the will wear out, however they have lasted 7 years so far.

Quick Reply: Minimal Damage