Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Need Help....1994 GMC Jimmy - Power Steering Pump Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:11 PM
Maxboost25psi is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help....1994 GMC Jimmy - Power Steering Pump Removal

Greetings,

I am in the process of removing my power steering pump in my 94 GMC Jimmy 4x4 with the 4.3L engine mated to an auto transmission.

Everything was going great until it came to me trying to actually maneuver the pump out. I have removed the pulley, 4 mounting bolts up front ant the one bolt that attaches to a bracket on the exhaust manifold. For the life of me I can not get the pump out. I figured I could pull it down and out, however the remote oil lines are in the way and I dont want to damage them (just replaced a couple hundred miles ago).

Anywho...I have searched some post and wanted to to confirm my next step. Do I have to remove the alternator and that vertical bracket that secures both the power steering pump / alternator? If so, how is that mounted.

Some of the other post I found previously had an image, but now its gone. Can someone offer me some insight. Id really like to get this swapped asap as for I am heading north here in a few days.