Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Shims

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Beginning Member
kattie0002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shims

Can some one tell me where to get the shims for differental for a 2000 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4, I have been trying to find them in auto parts on line and I am not haveing any luck finding them any where are they factory dealer only .Some let me know something on this please

Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

CLICK

OR HERE

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 03-29-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Beginning Member

Thank you that was two I missed Great ,Thank you again

Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome. Let's just say I have some experience in the matter. LOL

Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Beginning Member

I have a question on the crush sleeve of the 2000 chevy blazer S10 , where can you rent a tool to crush the sleeve , I am not doing this my husband is , I was wondering because we putting the rear end back together now , and have ran into some trouble any suggestions would be welcome, we throught about buying another rear end and have located one ,but I am not for sure it will work it is off of a 1998 or 1999 4X4 ,for 200.00, also there is another place that wants 400.00

Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any 98+ rear end would work provided it is the same gear ratio.

The crush sleeve is crushed while you tighten down the pinion nut. This should only be done as a last step after you have already gotten the gear pattern good between the pinion and the ring gear. There is a lot of information available on various websites about setting up a rear end, however, it is not something that should be attempted by yourself the first time through. It pays to have someone that has done it before watching you. There are tricks of the trade that make it easier as well.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Beginning Member
dart08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Any 98+ rear end would work provided it is the same gear ratio.

The crush sleeve is crushed while you tighten down the pinion nut. This should only be done as a last step after you have already gotten the gear pattern good between the pinion and the ring gear. There is a lot of information available on various websites about setting up a rear end, however, it is not something that should be attempted by yourself the first time through. It pays to have someone that has done it before watching you. There are tricks of the trade that make it easier as well.
Excellent advice! Thanks swartlkk!