Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain (https://blazerforum.com/forum/steering-suspension-drivetrain-36/)
-   -   shock/strut help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/steering-suspension-drivetrain-36/shock-strut-help-53080/)

johnnybz28 12-22-2010 09:11 AM

shock/strut help

Okay so from what I've gathered most people recommend Monroe for replacement shocks/struts on blazers. I have a 1997 Blazer LS 4dr 4wd and the shocks/struts need to be replaced really badly. I know it's not going to handle anything like my car but I need it to be stiffer then it is right now, it feels like I'm driving a boat on land lol.

So far I'm finding these as my choices:

Front:

Monroe Gas-Matic LT Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Reflex LT Monotube Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber

Rear:

Monroe Gas-Matic LT Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Reflex LT Monotube Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjustable Shock Absorber

I know absolutely nothing when it comes to SUV's so any help is appreciated. Also, any other suggestions as far as brands go is welcome. This truck is a daily driver during the winter time for me.

swartlkk 12-22-2010 10:37 AM

I put the Monroe Reflex shocks (front) and the Monroe Sensa-trac Load Adjust shocks (rear) on my old '00 Bravada. It made the truck nice and firm. I used the Sensa-trac coil over shocks in the back because I routinely carried ~250lbs of tools in the back of the truck and this kept things on the level.

BTW, there are a number of posts out there discussing this very topic! :icon_wink:

johnnybz28 12-22-2010 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 389600)
I put the Monroe Reflex shocks (front) and the Monroe Sensa-trac Load Adjust shocks (rear) on my old '00 Bravada. It made the truck nice and firm. I used the Sensa-trac coil over shocks in the back because I routinely carried ~250lbs of tools in the back of the truck and this kept things on the level.

BTW, there are a number of posts out there discussing this very topic! :icon_wink:

I'm aware, I searched before posting. I just needed more information seeing as most of the posts didn't specify which ones to use out of the ones I posted. Mostly what was posted was "Monroe with load assist" which I couldn't find anywhere.

swartlkk 12-22-2010 10:55 AM

You can read about the different shocks on Monroe's website. The Gas-matic is their cheap shock, Sensa-trac is their middle of the road, and Reflex is their higher end shock.

johnnybz28 12-22-2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 389609)
You can read about the different shocks on Monroe's website. The Gas-matic is their cheap shock, Sensa-trac is their middle of the road, and Reflex is their higher end shock.

Yup did that too. I'm not an SUV person and know nothing about what type of shock/strut I would want lol. I'm a car guy, I have a Camaro that puts down power to the ground, so I know what I want when it comes to that :D. Daily driving is a whole different story hahaha