Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

shock/strut help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM
johnnybz28 is on a distinguished road
Default shock/strut help

Okay so from what I've gathered most people recommend Monroe for replacement shocks/struts on blazers. I have a 1997 Blazer LS 4dr 4wd and the shocks/struts need to be replaced really badly. I know it's not going to handle anything like my car but I need it to be stiffer then it is right now, it feels like I'm driving a boat on land lol.

So far I'm finding these as my choices:

Front:

Monroe Gas-Matic LT Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Reflex LT Monotube Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber

Rear:

Monroe Gas-Matic LT Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Reflex LT Monotube Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber
Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjustable Shock Absorber

I know absolutely nothing when it comes to SUV's so any help is appreciated. Also, any other suggestions as far as brands go is welcome. This truck is a daily driver during the winter time for me.

Last edited by johnnybz28; 12-22-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I put the Monroe Reflex shocks (front) and the Monroe Sensa-trac Load Adjust shocks (rear) on my old '00 Bravada. It made the truck nice and firm. I used the Sensa-trac coil over shocks in the back because I routinely carried ~250lbs of tools in the back of the truck and this kept things on the level.

BTW, there are a number of posts out there discussing this very topic!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I put the Monroe Reflex shocks (front) and the Monroe Sensa-trac Load Adjust shocks (rear) on my old '00 Bravada. It made the truck nice and firm. I used the Sensa-trac coil over shocks in the back because I routinely carried ~250lbs of tools in the back of the truck and this kept things on the level.

BTW, there are a number of posts out there discussing this very topic!

I'm aware, I searched before posting. I just needed more information seeing as most of the posts didn't specify which ones to use out of the ones I posted. Mostly what was posted was "Monroe with load assist" which I couldn't find anywhere.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can read about the different shocks on Monroe's website. The Gas-matic is their cheap shock, Sensa-trac is their middle of the road, and Reflex is their higher end shock.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You can read about the different shocks on Monroe's website. The Gas-matic is their cheap shock, Sensa-trac is their middle of the road, and Reflex is their higher end shock.

Yup did that too. I'm not an SUV person and know nothing about what type of shock/strut I would want lol. I'm a car guy, I have a Camaro that puts down power to the ground, so I know what I want when it comes to that . Daily driving is a whole different story hahaha