Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

sitting lower on one side/pop sound at full turn

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:34 PM
TEALBlazer is on a distinguished road
Question sitting lower on one side/pop sound at full turn

when i pulled in behind my blazer the other day i noticed that the drivers side seemed to be sitting lower than the passenger side. the room in the wheel well of the back drivers side is about 2 inches less than on the passengers side. when we were backing up a few weeks ago out of a parking spot there was a POP noise in the front drivers side wheel area. the blazer was given to us from family that had bought it used... it was obviously in a wreck at some point in its life since the drivers door falls a little when its opened... but they dont know if it ever was wrecked. the strearing pulls a little to one side and the blazer wobbles from side to side a little when your going slower, like if you had an egg on a tire.
the transmission was just replaced not even 1000 miles ago and the fuel pump and filter.
any ideas on what the problem could be and what we can do to fix it ourselves??

Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The wheels should be in the same location in the wheel well with the wheels pointing straight ahead. If they aren't, I wouldn't drive it without first having someone assess the condition of the frame & suspension in the front end.