Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Source for steering/suspension parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
drice72 is on a distinguished road
Question Source for steering/suspension parts

I have a '99 GMC Jimmy SLE 4wd. I have had it just about one year. In that time I have replaced the ball joints twice. I was not the first person to have to do this either. It seems that when whoever did the job the first time, instead of grinding off the rivet head and drilling out the rivet, they opted to drill a hole the size of the head of the rivet. This has made it impossible to get a set of ball joints to fit properly. Also when the front sway bar is bent on the passenger side, the passenger side leaf spring is flat. The whole thing sounds like a squeaky old mattress going down the road. Even the steering squeaks. If I sit still in a parking lot and turn the wheel left and right it squeaks. Its loose driving down the road. I think I need to just replace everything associated with the steering and suspension. I have searched the internet, but only come up with lift kits. I'm not interested in lifting this vehicle. Its is my primary mode of transportation. I just want a stock, or as close to stock as possible, replacement kit. Are there any sources you guys know of where I can get such a kit, or will I just need to make a list and get them separately?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

heh.. this is fun. Three times today, same answer for questions I dont personally have..

Power Performance Motorsports Heavy Duty Suspension Kit - Synergy Offroad
- note those parts don not specify they are for LIFT, just HD for offroad.

For future readers, any time you encounter oversize mounting holes in key load bearing points, there are several remedies:

1. New mating parts. IE control arms.. this cant hurt because bushings matter.

2. If you address your specific issues.... To fix the specific fastening problem, upgrade the fastener hardness.

- and then either drill two additional small holes with tight fitting hard bolts.. or drill out the new parts for oversize fasteners which fit tight.