Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

sport package???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sport package???

Anyone know what the difference is between sport package and non sport package. Is there an RPO code for sport Package? How do you tell if blazer has sport package.

1999 S10 Blazer 2 door LS auto 4.3L v6 4x4

Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the zq8 package is the only thing that comes to mind for a "sport" package, and those are all 2wd, i beleive the only package's you might have on ur blazer zr2 or z85, or the trailblazer trim, but thats an apperance package.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sport package.

Thanks.

The reason I asked was I was looking at Mevotech website for cv axles and they were listing with and without sport package. They also listed ZR2.

So I think I got it figured out that the sport package was the same thing as ZR2.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the zr2 package is a lifted suspension, zq8 suspension is a lowered more street truck type suspension and z85 is right in the middle. so idk if i would consider a zr2 having a sport suspension.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

When buying CV shafts... the ZR2 sport package uses 2" longer shafts due to its 4" wider wheel track. The Z85 uses regular shafts.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 PM

i guess a ive never heard of a lifted truck with a "sport" suspension. to me a sport sport suspension would be more like a street truck like the zq8, but since the zq8's dont have cv's i guess the zr2 would be considered a sport suspension in this circumstance.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Sport probably is the Xtreme package.

Which yes, does have its own RPO code...I just dont know what it is

Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WolfPack
Sport probably is the Xtreme package.

Which yes, does have its own RPO code...I just dont know what it is
Yep... I didn't even think of that. My head gets stuck in "off-road" mode sometimes.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:29 PM

i thought the zq8's were the same as an extreme minus all the ground effects the extreme has.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:13 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Hrm...looks like it. Apparently all Xtremes have the ZQ8 package, but not all ZQ8s are Xtremes

So yes...ZQ8/Xtreme should be what they mean by "Sport"

Quick Reply: sport package???