Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

stabalizer bar link kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:00 PM
|
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default stabalizer bar link kit

I bought a link kit for my stabalizer bar on my 1999 jimmy and the bolt it came with is ~1inch longer than my stock bolt? does this mean i got the wrong kit? they didnt show more than one choice at autozone or orielly's auto parts. Before i install it and am no longer able to return it i just wanna make sure its the right one.

Last edited by jayj99jimmy; 07-05-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: adding a picture
Old 07-05-2012 | 05:08 PM
Beginning Member
Zzzblazer95 is on a distinguished road

What's the model # Brand name always remember when you buy aftermarket parts also there not always a direct fit it could be universal for multiple types of vehicles if it were me i would do some a research on the internet try to find some pictures to verify the same part is the same as yours and see if it is also made for different types of vehicles sometimes i find myself using the original bolts anyways with suspension parts. Hope that helps if not provide me with the Model # and brand Part number # ill see what i can come up with

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:25 PM
|
Starting Member

its a master pro kit, this is a picture of the information on the side of the box

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:26 PM
|
Starting Member

its a master pro kit, this is the one they pulled from their backstock when they looked up my vehicle year make model and trim. Not saying it is not a universal kit, but they looked it up as being a fit for my vehicle. for whatever thats worth. this is a picture of the information on the side of the box

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:32 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

When you install them, make sure you put the nut on the bottom. If you put the nut on top, the excess bolt length can hit the tie rod when you turn.

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:33 PM
|
Starting Member

so they are ok even though they are longer? i just want to make sure it will ride correctly, ive never done this before. or could i just take the red bushings and swap out my old rubber ones and keep the rest of the factory parts there?

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:35 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Usually the original bolts rust, better off using the new ones. That is the correct part number, K6600.

Old 07-05-2012 | 05:51 PM
|
Starting Member

ok, another noob question and i should be good. i have the truck jacked up and im trying to take it off, there is no nut on the top at all. it just spins as i try to take loosen it from the bottom, how do you keep the bolt from just spinning? i dont have any vice grips ( i know i need some bad) is there any other trick i could use without them, or is that not even how i do it lol.

im still learning bear with me =)

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:15 PM
Beginning Member
Zzzblazer95 is on a distinguished road

Looks good to me itll probably shorten when the rubber is compressed like the guys said use the new bolt your good to go... Im not a fan of master pro but it should do i like the moog and energy suspension myself anyone have the torque specs for this guy?

Old 07-05-2012 | 06:49 PM

The original nut is basically a washer with threads in the center. I use a die grinder to remove it. You can also use a sawzall and cut the bolt in the middle, then take out the two halves. Don't really want to use a torch because the rubbers flame up and make a mess. Tighten it up until the insulators are squashed out just past the washers.

Quick Reply: stabalizer bar link kit