Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

suspension and steering problems!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Beginning Member
mxboy96 is on a distinguished road
Default suspension and steering problems!?!?

I've got a 97 blaze, 4dr 4.3 4x4. The front end in general isn't cooperating very well. When I bought it, the left sway bar linkage was broke and the right wasn't far behind. Replaced um. The shocks were still original at 113,000,lol. Replaced um(are Gabriel's good shocks?). The front end is nice n' loose. Replaced pitman and idler arm, and lower ball joints. Helped, but still not 'tight' like it 'should' be. I had it aligned also, obviously, and the quick in and out Firestone tire dealer f'ed it up worse than it was. And the ride quality is really 'choppy'. The new shocks helped alot, but it rides rough for an s10 blaze, and it doesn't absorb shock like it should. It kind of transfers the shock to you and the ride is kind of 'choppy' feeling in a sense. My plans are to take it to a reccomended steering and alignment shop I know of, tell them I want the suspension and steering back to the way it was when it rolled out on the lot, and have them take care of it. I was just curious if anyone else has them kinds of problems? I've also been told by another blazer owner the front end parts in general are crap and wear out constantly. I don't know if I believe that, but mine diffently needs some TLC. I'm kind of thinking the Autozone Gabriel shocks I put on it are possibly part of the cause of the bad ride? Any info/input is much appreciated! Thank you!!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like the previous owner may have cranked the tbars way too high, thus your blazer riding rough and your front end being shot.