Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

Transfer Case Removal Question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Transfer Case Removal Question?

youre in the same situation i am in, the tcase is a pain to get out, still working on it as we speak.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:11 PM
VRDriver4l is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if I figure anything out I will post up LOL. This is driving me nuts.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

Same here. Glad i just went and bought a Tranny Jack though, making things 1000 times easier, hopefully can get this tranny swapped by 4am in time for work, im staying up all night.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Yep I have a very pretty brand new tranny jack which I got yestarday delivered by UPS . Got it from my pops he works for cornwell tools. Normally $450 got it for $200 shipped to my door, couldn't pass it up.

I do have to say, when I did the tranny 2 years ago, I pulled it all out as one unit. It seemed much easier that way. I really don't want to pull my tranny though.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of curiosity, why are you taking the t-case out? And I noticed no one answered your other question, I had fluid in between the t-case and the tranny when I had a bad input seal.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Removing the T-case because its making some very nasty grinding noises, new one from monstertrans.com will be here tommarow. Hopfully I can get it out.

Is the input seal on the tranny or t-case? My tranny is only 2 years old with 15k, which was also purchased from monstertrans.com

Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

The input seal is on the t-case. It's a $3 dollar part that, from my understanding, fails quite often on these vehicles, I was having problems with my tranny fluid draining into the t-case then coming out the vent tube. Makes a nice smoke screen for when someone is riding you. Hope you get the case out, wish I was more help with it though.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: riceh8r0512

The input seal is on the t-case. It's a $3 dollar part that, from my understanding, fails quite often on these vehicles, I was having problems with my tranny fluid draining into the t-case then coming out the vent tube. Makes a nice smoke screen for when someone is riding you. Hope you get the case out, wish I was more help with it though.
Ahhhh. When I replaced thetranny I would get smoke clouds and I could never figure out why. It eventually went away, but that must be why. Thanks for the information .

I'm going to fight with the t-case some more ina bit, hopfully I get some were this time, the new one should be here by 12 today.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Beginning Member
arolon is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: VRDriver4l

Ahhhh. When I replaced thetranny I would get smoke clouds and I could never figure out why. It eventually went away, but that must be why. Thanks for the information .

I'm going to fight with the t-case some more ina bit, hopfully I get some were this time, the new one should be here by 12 today.
Looks like I'm gonna R&R the Tcase and am interested in the outcome of your project. Pointers, write-up?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

when i pulled mine out i remember having to push the trans/motor forward slightly to gain the extra 1/2 inch to clear the input shaft of the t case

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Removal Question?