Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

What shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What shocks?

I have a 4x4 96 blazer with 150 thousand miles ,with stock shocks and really need to get them replaced.I'm not sure wich ones to get because most the time im on the road ,but sometimes i like to just have fun on dirt roads and in mud holes,should i get a on road shock like the monroe sensa-track,or an offroad shock like ranchos and how much do you guys think it would be to get them installed at a shop?

Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What shocks?

Quinnman from the board here has sensatracs in his and said their pretty good so far... I may be putting KYB`s in my truck

Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i have monroe reflex and i like them... they are much stiffer than the shocks i had before

i dont know how much it would be for a shop to install them, but shocks are a pretty simple install. if you have a jack and jackstands, you're pretty much set

Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, John, I like the factory installed Bilsteins on mine. They're stiff, but I like the body and handling control they provide and the feel on the road is good. I would guess that the price for installation would be ~$50, but it depends on where you have it done. Doing it yourself is straightforwarded, but a bit of a pain on the front ones.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM

Well ive been to 3 shops so far and to get just the front 2 shocks installed, the prices have been $78, $60,and $48 so out of those three shops i no where to get them done at,now i just need to find out wich shocks to get,im kind of leaning toward ranchos but havent made up my mind yet.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm also satisfied with how the factory bilsteins ride.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Bilsteins. Hand's down.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I like my Edlebrock IAS shocks that I have had on the blazer now for about 1000 miles now. An awesome replacement for the stock suspension.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 PM

So nobody has tried ranchos?i would get bilstien but i dont want to spend over $50 per shock,because im still in high school and dont have much money at the time.What other shocks in that price range do yall suggest?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go with Ranchos... stay away from the 5000 series... they're too stiff for our trucks.

FWIW, Bilsteins are only $65-ish each.

Quick Reply: What shocks?