Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Any of you guys TB SS fans? Check out my friends fastest documented TB SS (pics and vid)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Strick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any of you guys TB SS fans? Check out my friends fastest documented TB SS (pics and vid)

A good friend of mine has just finished another phase on his TB SS. His previous setup consisted of 402 stroker, stall, gears, built 4L65, and a 150 shot. It made 692rwhp with this setup, and its maiden track voyage produced two 6.9X's at 100mph. He started spraying close to 100ft, and obviously traction was a major issue. The 1.69 short times weren't helping, and that was all motor. With some minor changes to attempt to help traction, he ran it again in the on the 1/4 mile where it ran 11.01 @ 128mph.

He just added a direct port setup, changed the camshaft, and added headers. He just got it tuned and made 800rwhp/680rwtq, on a 250hp shot. Also added are a custom set of Bogart D10 wheels...........17x5 up front, and 17x10's in the rear. Some 390/40-17 M&H DR's out back fixed the traction problem.

He ran this new setup in Memphis a few weeks ago at the LSX Shootout, where he posted his best time so far before getting kicked off the track...........10.63 @ 129mph!!

Direct port......

Custom Bogart's....

Here are some pictures I took of it with its street wheel setup....

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some hopeful mid 10 second passes. His goal is to tote the front wheels. FWIW all work was done by www.ryansperformance.com
(delete the link if necessary mods, not sure if it violates the rules......definately not trying to get a free plug)

Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Burlisonm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Any of you guys TB SS fans? Check out my friends fastest documented TB SS (pics and vid)

I like it very clean and very fast but not my bag (to nice to take in a big ol puddle of mud), very nice though.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:49 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Any of you guys TB SS fans? Check out my friends fastest documented TB SS (pics and vid)

WOW, that is nice!!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I like all the video's on the website, didn't see the trailblazer on there though, are they going to get a video of it on the track?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

I like all the video's on the website, didn't see the trailblazer on there though, are they going to get a video of it on the track?
One of the guys from that shop is working on a compilation. That shop took that TB SS and this Camaro SS...........which also left TN with a new LSX record.......fastest nitrous powered LSX. About 2 weeks after the LSX Shootout, the record was broken by another car. I'll post the video as soon as it gets posted.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard about the TB SS getting that reacord a few weeks ago shortly after that weekend. Wasnt there a bunch of other LSx records broken that weekend? Thats awesome.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

My next truck will be a TB SS.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i think they look sharp i have only saw a couple on the streets

Old 10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

They look nice but I dont like the looks of the one above with the drag slicks on it, just looks weird in my opinion. I am sure they are awesome to drive. I would be happy with just the 5.3L V8 TrailBlazer, then I of course could add some stuff on later on.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK85

I heard about the TB SS getting that reacord a few weeks ago shortly after that weekend. Wasnt there a bunch of other LSx records broken that weekend? Thats awesome.
From what I heard, I think the more 'major' records were broken. Of course my buddies at RPM took home the record for the fastest nitrous LSX, but I believe the Ohio Boys took home the fastest stock suspension LSX 4th gen too......

Quick Reply: Any of you guys TB SS fans? Check out my friends fastest documented TB SS (pics and vid)