Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

fast boxy

Old 12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fast boxy

Just wanted to share this video from another forum I'm on. I know it's not a blazer, but it's sweet! I hope I can get myCaprice to the track this summer! http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...rice&hl=en

Old 01-09-2007, 05:21 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: fast boxy

You could prove to be a bad influence on me.
There's hope for my 4 door yet!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/B4349A400CB04974BA0A95F7383B49C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2007, 04:21 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

12.58 isnt that fast. I ran faster than that the first time I ever drove a drag car.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:56 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, but I bet your drag car didn't have a push bar and police package! lol

Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: BLK85

12.58 isnt that fast. I ran faster than that the first time I ever drove a drag car.
WOW... Good for you? Do you want a cookie??...

And just for a frame of reference, 12.xxx is fast for a 4door street car.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 AM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

ORIGINAL: BLK85

Do you want a cookie??...
Do you have Chocolate Chip?

Old 01-31-2007, 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
And just for a frame of reference, 12.xxx is fast for a 4door street car.
This must be a really fast 4 door then.

BTW its the first one in the vid, and no I am not a Honda fan.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your point?

I can show you a video of a 12.241sec street driven Pontiac Bonneville SSEi... Or, Ed Morad's 10.95sec Pontiac Bonneville SSEi if the first one wasn't fast enough. Oh and these are all throttle, no bottle, American v6 powered family sedans. And let me add that at the time of both of the Bonneville runs, both of those cars drove to the track and back home to resume daily driving duties. Only difference is they didn't have racing slicks on the front and skinnies on the back.

And then there's always Scott Cook's Turbo Grand Prix running 10.22sec (ok so it's not a 4door)...

Speed is all relative. How fast you want to go is determined by how much $$$ you want to spend.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 AM

I dont really have a point.

Thats pretty impressive for those Bonnevilles. That guys Civic is also street driven daily (its acctually his DD during the summer) and its just a turbo single cam (whatever that means Im not a honda guy) no nitrous. I dont think this honda had skinnies, he puts the same size tires on the front when he takes the slicks off.

I know speed is all up to the person. I personally think Mustang GTs arent really that fast although most people do, I just dont.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

single cam is kinda self explanitory... one camshaft... OHC vs. DOHC, or if you want to delve into the GM world, TDOHC, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fast boxy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.