Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

hahahaahaha I went to the track today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hahahaahaha I went to the track today!!!

SO I went to the track for the first time ever today I didnt do to great i ran a 17.58 booooo! I still had my 20s on so could that made a difference? what are your quarter times?

Old 08-20-2006, 09:40 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hahahaahaha I went to the track today!!!

Yes a taller tire will slow your times down because effectively what you're doing is changing the gear ratio (which directly affects acceleration) a taller tire is just like putting in a numerically smaller gear set although it isn't going to affect it very much. This is all assuming that your 20" tires are taller than the stock tire/wheel combo.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

I ran a 16 something with mine last time I took it to race. As long as your tires are the same size as they were with the 15's than it wont change anything. But if they are bigger/smaller it will make a dif.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

That and the fact that those 20's probably weight a TON. Put the stock wheels on there next time you go you'll probably shave almost half a second off that time.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Mine will never SEE a quarter mile track or any other track for that matter. It wasnt meant for racing and definitely wasn't set up for it. I have a basic baseline model... so I know better. At least I can make her LOOK real good by the time I'm done!!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:22 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

LOL nice noel!

Old 08-21-2006, 01:00 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

how did you launch it? Throttle stab? RPM's up? It makes a difference how you launch 'er.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
blazerxtreme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

my reaction time was a 2.45 I dont know if thats good but it was my first time. its an auto so i just stompped it

Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! dude what the hell lol. but u gotta get that R/T down to about 1.9 - 1.8 lol. but if u put back on ur stock wheels ur times will get better.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to get better than that. You go when the last amber light turns off, not when the green lights up.

Now another thing to launch an auto is to load up the torque converter. Left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas up to around 1500rpm. You don't want to do this while you are waiting for the other guy to stage. Only once the other guy has staged. You'll put a lot of heat into your transmission by doing this which is why I wouldn't suggest it unless you are really into racing. And I definitely wouldn't do it without an external transmission oil cooler.

Quick Reply: hahahaahaha I went to the track today!!!