Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

I have never done a burnout in the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default I have never done a burnout in the Blazer

Looking at the urban wheeling thread.... I have never done a burnout in the blazer... Spun the tires, but never pumped the front brake and let the rears spin......
And I am under 25...... wtf........

Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Then you won't have to make a thread about how your tires wear out so soon or what lousy gas mileage you're getting.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Then you won't have to make a thread about how your tires wear out so soon or what lousy gas mileage you're getting.
I saw Rriddle responded first and instantly looked for the lock...

But seriously, I have never roasted the tires, and IDK why, I am tempted tonight, but its wet out, so it would be easy to loose control.... plus its not good behavior.... On the tire side... I looked at a set of 325/50/15? I think drag radials... a little smaller than stock height... but would be kinda funny....

I wonder how many people are in my boat.....

Sign ya name

1. wlorton

Bet we dont get 15.....

Old 10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

i've squeaked mine but never "roasted" them. i don't like changing ring and pinions.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:57 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

on wet pavement yes, but theres no way i can even slightly spin my tires on dry pavement

Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

i've never burned em on dry pavement and im 17.....

Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

hmmm reading above... been there, seen it & was dumbass like it & it was cool!!! lol ... that being said I've lit them up, even with the G80 vin/diff code, next week omfg easy there Tom, don't 'walk that old lady in the mercury off the line because you have 3 blocks to do that with... no, next week I'll be testing my patience with quite possibly 300+hp ... light em up?... oh hell yeah! But like I said in another thread, I've only done that 3 times with the blazer (WOT = wide open throttle - boaters will understand lol) But I'm sure with the 32" MT's I can leave more rubber on my works' parking lot when I get pissed off.

<edit> there's a link (youtube) in superchargers etc about a guy that says "this should answer your question" lit em the freak up for a good 60 feet or so after a burnout BUT thats no stalker, keep that in mind for your transmission etc

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-24-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

19 here, spun a few tires in my short driving history but never done a burnout. Spun 'em about half a block with my FWD van with newer 245/55s, in my dad's old Silverado Vortec 5.7 (through 1st and 2nd), and in the trusty Blazer (once) at work. Didn't do too bad but I wouldn't ever do a burnout with it. My old S10 would've been great though, TBI 4.3 and no rear brakes

Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Last time I spun the tires. I was making a left and hit a puddle and did a 180 spin in traffic. The next day I was at Firestone getting new rear tires installed. My truck I really do not drive hard or really care how fast it is. I'm over my tuner days.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Kai
Kai is on a distinguished road

I'm 17 and I never did a burnout especially not in my Blazer I did squeal the tires though but it was wet pavement so it doesn't count.

Quick Reply: I have never done a burnout in the Blazer