Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Law Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
actually...............if enough complaints are logged/registered to a vehicle/licence plate, then a letter of caution (warning) is sent to the registered owner.

if a second letter is required, it's delivered-in person, by the police-to the registered owners address, and the registered owner is spoken to about the driving practices in question, who is alllowed to drive the car (in case the owner pulls the, "i let my buddy borrow the car" line) & the manner it is driven in.

if a third letter is required, it results in an appearance before a judge (or JP), and almost always results in a suspension.

@ least that's how it is in Ontario.

just try not to cut anyone off anymore-@ least not that *ahem* "lady" anyways!
if i get that many warnings and still dont change my driving i deserve to get my license suspended lol

Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

man ontario is full of pansies if they have to "log enough complaints" to get a letter sent out... then "log some more" for a second and third, etc... really? how is that common knowledge? WTF kind of whiney people drive around complaining about the same car/what kind of a-hole keeps cutting off whiney people to get that far....

sounds like the population of Ontario needs a hobby

Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ and some people wonder why i needed to invent my "Winter Import Bumper".

Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 AM

Haha one of those bumpers would be nice...

Old 03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I thought the law in canada was you are guilty until proven innocent?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Most states have a law on the books for yielding to merging traffic... there is also a law that says you must stay in the right lane unless passing, but people cruise in the left lane all the time. Unless a LEO witnesses the offense, you have little to worry about.
As far as Ontario goes, they must have some really fast, and really drunk drivers. They have some of the stiffest driver penalties around. They have billboards for services that will help you out of traffic problems along many main roads. I pass several on Rt. 6 near Hamilton. You can loose your car for a single speeding offense if it is bad enough. Apparently it must be these laws are needed in response to the way people drive there.
They all drive like hosers! JK

Old 03-05-2010, 01:26 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ take off, eh!

actually, if you're doing 50+km over the limit, you get your ride impounded for 7 days-on the spot-and face a fine of up to $10,000 (no ones got hit with that much-yet), plus all of the towing & impound fees are to be paid in full before your ride is released from impound-regardless of what the outcome is to be for the ticket. and that ticket is not set, it's up to the judge to decide the final outcome.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM

i got another question for y'all, today i was leaving school and squeaked the wheels a bit and went up to about 60mph in a 40 zone. I looked in my mirror and saw a cop....well i slowed right down and followed the speed limit as he tailgated me for the next mile, then i turned off and he didn't follow...well i figure i got super lucky he didn't pull me over but can they send me a ticket home in Michigan, or does it need to be on the spot? to my knowledge it has to be on the spot but i am not positive...tell me what you know

Thanks
-Derek

Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure the cop has to pull you over in order to get a ticket. you're pretty lucky that he didn't pull you over, he may have been going somewhere of more importance than your speeding, it may have been the end of his shift who knows for sure

Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

They definitely CAN sent you a ticket but highly unlikely they will. He was probably just checking your plate # in the records and saw that your a clean driver an went on his way.

@ABN It's not logged by the police, but by the Ministry of Transporation and they only way you know you have complaints is to ask them. Its not like 3 complaints and you get the letter. They have to be of the same nature (suspected driving drunk, cutting off, etc) and its usually erases itself after 3 years.

@ Benedict Haha..no!

@ Old Skool - Not one person in Ontario has been convicted of a "street racing" charge. Seems to be a good deterrence, even if they don't do it. lol

Quick Reply: Law Question