Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Street N Strip (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/)
-   -   Road Rage!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/street-n-strip-26/road-rage-66204/)

Rottidog 12-21-2011 05:32 PM

Road Rage!!!

:icon_rant:OMFG some people seem to be born to annoy.
Casually waiting for traffic to clear an intersection I was at I see the light a block ahead turn green & the vehicles start to move. I'm not one of the inconsiderate dorks that likes to pull into an intersection & when the light truns red the traffic STILL hasn't moved they're left blocking the cross traffic. So I see that they've moved enough so I'll have room on the other side of the intersection. I drive across & this goof in a civic pulls up to a yeild lane, looks at me then cuts me off with about 5' or so. Slows down & then just darts out infront of me. I hit the brakes & the horn & Mr. :icon_nic: flips me the bird!
I'm in shock, what a freaking tool! I pull around him, cut him off while swearing at him, gestruring & he gives me the finger again!
PARK! door open, around the back of the blazer & I wave him to get out, "c'mon, lets do this you F'ng <insert a very long slue of EXTREMELY fancy words>". He looks & up goes the middle finger again.
I'm at my whits end now - at the end, not past it! I wanted to kick his DS window in but uhhh No, not a good idea so I horked up a good one & spit on his window. Would you believe he stayed in his car?!

Wtf is with people... If you do something stupid own up to it. Don't hide behind a door because you feel safe. He's lucky I still had a presence of mind because there are LOTS who would have pulled him out of his car & beat him senseless for flipping them off after what he did.
Just last night in Winnipeg there was a man who was shot by the guy steeling his p/u truck. :icon_screwy:

xgiovannix12 12-21-2011 06:45 PM

you had a great day I had a great day too

Someone rear ended my rig at work

the roads were icy and she just smacked my trailer

mdehoogh 12-21-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 483498)
:icon_rant:OMFG some people seem to be born to annoy.
Casually waiting for traffic to clear an intersection I was at I see the light a block ahead turn green & the vehicles start to move. I'm not one of the inconsiderate dorks that likes to pull into an intersection & when the light truns red the traffic STILL hasn't moved they're left blocking the cross traffic. So I see that they've moved enough so I'll have room on the other side of the intersection. I drive across & this goof in a civic pulls up to a yeild lane, looks at me then cuts me off with about 5' or so. Slows down & then just darts out infront of me. I hit the brakes & the horn & Mr. :icon_nic: flips me the bird!
I'm in shock, what a freaking tool! I pull around him, cut him off while swearing at him, gestruring & he gives me the finger again!
PARK! door open, around the back of the blazer & I wave him to get out, "c'mon, lets do this you F'ng <insert a very long slue of EXTREMELY fancy words>". He looks & up goes the middle finger again.
I'm at my whits end now - at the end, not past it! I wanted to kick his DS window in but uhhh No, not a good idea so I horked up a good one & spit on his window. Would you believe he stayed in his car?!

Wtf is with people... If you do something stupid own up to it. Don't hide behind a door because you feel safe. He's lucky I still had a presence of mind because there are LOTS who would have pulled him out of his car & beat him senseless for flipping them off after what he did.
Just last night in Winnipeg there was a man who was shot by the guy steeling his p/u truck. :icon_screwy:

I don't intend to be disrespectful but I'd argue that you lost your presence of mind the moment you let the jack@$$ affect you. Getting out of your truck was a horrible idea and even if you stopped yourself before physically doing anything to him, you still escalated the situation. Spitting on his car was also a terrible idea.

Just my opinion...
:icon_couchhide:

xgiovannix12 12-21-2011 07:51 PM

we all find that day one day in our lifes but i do agree with you

richphotos 12-21-2011 08:15 PM

I can admit I have extreme anger problems... I would have done the same or worse.. and trust me, mandated anger management courses only make one more pissed off.
But, for the last almost 7 years my girlfriend has kept me sane, All I resort to is yelling out the window and laying on the horn when some idiot does a dumb thing. Old me would have busted out his window in your situation.

warthogdriver 12-21-2011 08:24 PM

what i find is that if you wave and smile at them when they are pissed off at you it actually makes them more aggravated that you dont care what they think.
i like to think it bugs them more when they cant get under your skin because they are honestly not worth my time....and frankly i like the aggravation on their face.

Rottidog 12-21-2011 08:30 PM

Yes & no Matt... I did get carried away by getting out, but after he cuts me off then flips me the bird twice & laughs I felt as he was insultive. Cutting me off & mocking me by flipping me off when I hit the horn because he almost caused an accident?! That infuriated me.
Yes I tried to escalate the situation by approaching him & asking him to step out. If he would have hit me 1st NOTHING would have been better because I'd have the law on my side where as he was hiding behind it. That brings me to my last statement in there, about people being lucky as to whom they piss off, he's lucky I wasn't the wrong person in this day & age.
All in all thanks for the feedback from both you & John but as it happened (& words can't really replicate it) = the shock of almost hitting his car or swerving into the next lane where another car may have been, to his "pfft who cares lol" reactions, it does add light.

It could be my life at work etc, if someone does something wrong you don't go to lay blame but to communicate something is wrong & they have to adjust how they do things. The simplest & pretty much only way in a vehicle is the horn, but to get flipped off by letting someone knowing they did something wrong & then they show you they obviously don't give a rats ass... not good territory for me I suppose.

Life is learning & I'm glad I didn't carry on... but I kind of wish he would have lol

<edit> Just talking with the gf & as I was reading all the posts to her she said OMG that's you isn't it?! She does know me well lol
<edit again> she reminded me of the title of this post also & that's what it was.

mdehoogh 12-21-2011 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rottidog (Post 483541)
Yes & no Matt... I did get carried away by getting out, but after he cuts me off then flips me the bird twice & laughs I felt as he was insultive. Cutting me off & mocking me by flipping me off when I hit the horn because he almost caused an accident?! That infuriated me.
Yes I tried to escalate the situation by approaching him & asking him to step out. If he would have hit me 1st NOTHING would have been better because I'd have the law on my side where as he was hiding behind it. That brings me to my last statement in there, about people being lucky as to whom they piss off, he's lucky I wasn't the wrong person in this day & age.
All in all thanks for the feedback from both you & John but as it happened (& words can't really replicate it) = the shock of almost hitting his car or swerving into the next lane where another car may have been, to his "pfft who cares lol" reactions, it does add light.

It could be my life at work etc, if someone does something wrong you don't go to lay blame but to communicate something is wrong & they have to adjust how they do things. The simplest & pretty much only way in a vehicle is the horn, but to get flipped off by letting someone knowing they did something wrong & then they show you they obviously don't give a rats ass... not good territory for me I suppose.

Life is learning & I'm glad I didn't carry on... but I kind of wish he would have lol

<edit> Just talking with the gf & as I was reading all the posts to her she said OMG that's you isn't it?! She does know me well lol
<edit again> she reminded me of the title of this post also & that's what it was.

I don't know anything about the laws in Canada but just because someone swings first doesn't mean that you'd have the law on your side. There are a number of situations where preemptive use-of-force is justifiable and if he can show a jury that you were approaching and escalating the conflict, many would side with him that you were, in fact, the aggressor. (I could be way off, I truly know nothing about Canadian laws)

I agree with you 100% about not being able to communicate. Everyone takes a horn honk as a personal insult. It would be nice if there were some way to communicate with the other driver about what they did wrong and the potential consequences of their driving skills (or lack thereof).

I think you were both lucky. He was lucky that you recognized your limits and backed down and you were lucky that he stayed in his car instead of doing something stupid. In the end, all that really matters it that you make it home safely to your family. :)

Again, this is just my opinion. I wasn't there and I'm relatively anonymous to you so it's easy for me to criticize. Thank you for not taking it as an insult either. A friend of mine once got in a fight on the side of a freeway here and when I tried to explain how he was just as much at fault as the other guy, he took it as an insult and got all pissy and mad.

Originally Posted by warthogdriver (Post 483537)
what i find is that if you wave and smile at them when they are pissed off at you it actually makes them more aggravated that you dont care what they think.
i like to think it bugs them more when they cant get under your skin because they are honestly not worth my time....and frankly i like the aggravation on their face.

Indeed. The best revenge is living well :icon_wink:

tibby 12-22-2011 12:19 AM

Dude, I feel ya on the civic guy. All the more reason to get a pa system and blast the guy out or better yet, a train horn and just lay on it for a couple minutes. Bust the guys eardrums open. When somebody does that to me, I lay on the horn literally for a good 30 seconds until they get aggravated. Then when I get there attention, I wave and smile :icon_teeth:. They always seem to like that combo haha.

Rottidog 12-22-2011 09:24 PM

(TIBBY)
lol I've seen a few sets of "train" horns or ones that are over 140db at least. I've always wanted to set like that on a switch because used as a horn I'd be in big caa caa with the police. But as a secondary "attention getter" OMFG watch the people a block away JUMP as they blast!

(MATT)
Situationally, if I get out, go up to him/his vehicle, don't touch either, yell my ass off, point & hurl insults - nothing but disturbing the peace, maybe.
If or when we confront eachother & continue with the above yelling etc once a person touches, pushes or hits another they are allowed to protect themselves. As the person that got pushed etc I am not sure what the others intentions are & usually the person the initiats contact will continue immediately & in harsher ways.
So as long as I'm a few feet away, hands at my sides or at most less than an arms length (not being aggresive in stance/IE in his face or crowding him) & he hits me or shoves me (on a street that could be deadly intent)... I'm going to kick his gluteus maximus as much as I can because he put my life in jeapardy.
It would be a long night at the cop shop for sure until they ironed out the details & if I kept my head about me (even though I was close to losing it I'll admit lol) I'd be fine.
But yeah, talking with the gf last night she asked "what if I were with you, would you have reacted the same way?" I said no, because she could be in danger as well if I couldn't have handled things. <--- That adds a LOT of light to things like that & yes, it was road rage as she said.
But in here I know anyone will get a varied degree of replies/results with almost anything.
Thanks again for speaking openly.
That's "A" beauty of the internet - it brings people, cultures & vastness into your world.

ctxtreme02 04-16-2012 11:35 AM

The only good ricer is a dead ricer.:icon_spitball:

97cherryblazer 04-16-2012 11:58 AM

People cut me off all the time.. it irritates the sh*t out of me, but i never have the balls to so anything besides lay on my horn. The Blazer isnt quite big enough for people to worry about cutting off.

Just the other day some stupid chick ON THE PHONE started coming into my lane with no blinker, so i lay on the horn and she still decides to keep coming over, so i slam on the brakes swerve into on coming traffic and she clips my front bumper and just keeps driving. I was going to chase her down but i looked at my bumper and there was no damage so i decided it wasnt worth it.

And then again the other day some big stupid ford lifted god only knows how much on 40's or bigger tried to eat my truck on the freeway. he started moving over when i was right next to him, and i noticed when he was literally a few inches away so i floored it and got out of there. When he saw me dart out he swerved back into his lane.

Other people are stupid.. i always tell myself next time someone cuts me off im not going to hit my brakes but i like my truck and dont want it totaled lol.

Rottidog 04-16-2012 12:11 PM

i always tell myself next time someone cuts me off im not going to hit my brakes but i like my truck and dont want it totaled lol.
Yup I totally agree, way too much money & care is in this blazer. Now if I had my '80 Sierra Grande 4x4 that was a brick out house, I may just go oops when people do things like that.

pettyfog 04-16-2012 12:25 PM

Lol.. I could write a book. Or a longerish essay, anyway.

I've met some assholes on surface streets, but I more or less shrug it off.

But having done Freeway commutes since the early eighties I can tell you from my experience, the biggest assholes of the lot are guys driving Chevy Pickups. Second is guys driving Chevy work vans... down 4th or 5th is guys driving Ford work vans; but I figure they have a 1500 at home.
- Note I'm not talking Suburbans, or blazers or tahoes, and not Vettes or Camaros either.. I'm talking knuckledragger pickup and van drivers.

Sorry if you dont like it but it's the truth. And if you dont believe me, borrow a Ford from someone and drive it on the freeway for a week.

FsTFwRd 04-17-2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by pettyfog (Post 514219)
Lol.. I could write a book. Or a longerish essay, anyway.

I've met some assholes on surface streets, but I more or less shrug it off.

But having done Freeway commutes since the early eighties I can tell you from my experience, the biggest assholes of the lot are guys driving Chevy Pickups. Second is guys driving Chevy work vans... down 4th or 5th is guys driving Ford work vans; but I figure they have a 1500 at home.
- Note I'm not talking Suburbans, or blazers or tahoes, and not Vettes or Camaros either.. I'm talking knuckledragger pickup and van drivers.

Sorry if you dont like it but it's the truth. And if you dont believe me, borrow a Ford from someone and drive it on the freeway for a week.

Work Vans are the worst! and as much as I hate to admit it, your right about the Chevy's being the worse ones. I can deal with someone cutting me off or just doing something stupid that they are oblivious to. But when those Vans, or any one for that matter, start tailgating.. I lose my temper. If I have a kid or my wife in the car, I'll brake to a stop and get out. About 2 years ago I kinda scared myself with my own intentions, so I'll go out of my way to keep calm and ignore it anymore.

Another thing, just the other day I almost pulled out on a guy in a camaro until I saw him topping the hill. (Kind of a bad spot). He stops in front of me, gets out and calls me an idiot. I said sorry and that I didn't see him over the hill until the last second. He said maybe you should pay more attention next time dips***. I had my daughter with me, so I pulled out my .45 and said maybe you should go back to your car. He shakes his head and walked away. I could tell he was super pissed. Point is, people are still dicks even when you admit you messed up.

pettyfog 04-17-2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by FsTFwRd (Post 514430)
Work Vans are the worst! and as much as I hate to admit it, your right about the Chevy's being the worse ones....

Another thing, just the other day I almost pulled out on a guy in a camaro until I saw him topping the hill. (Kind of a bad spot). He stops in front of me, gets out and calls me an idiot..... Point is, people are still dicks even when you admit you messed up.

Yeah. We all screw up now and then. You cant drive over 3/4 million miles and not, once in a while. That's why two drivers trying to pay attention is best. Drive defensively but optimistically while expecting the unexpected.

When I foof, like starting to change lanes with someone in the blind spot, I take the blame.. even when the guy was just sitting in that position {I try to NEVER hang next to a rear fender}. When the guy looks at me I raise my hand with palm up.. like 'my bad'.

Worse thing though.. after I wrote that yesterday I run errands. I see a chevy pickup 4wd, parked next to my baby, Silverbird.
Get home. I got a ding! Right on the style-stripe at the C-pillar. The ONLY door Ding in this 18yo rust free beauty.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/[IMG]h...bella-0002.jpghttp://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...bella-0002.jpg
sob..

tripovermyego 04-17-2012 01:59 PM

I one time while I was still stationed on Ft Carson, Colorado, my exwife and I were leaving after I got released for the day headed north on Acadamy BLVD. The city was working on the road doing repairts and what not so they had it cut down from 4 lanes to 1. Well, I sat there, and sat there, and sat there waiting to merge with traffic. Well, I started inching forward real slow to see if I couldnt get anyone to let me in. This guy pulled up beside me, stepped out of his car and flipped me off. He then got back in his car and left. Finally, someone let me merge a few cars behind him so I followed him and when he went to turn off, I pulled up beside him, reached my arm out the window, called him a F****** FAG*** and let him have the bird back. I was still in uniform at the time. Had I done something wrong, I wouldnt have done that. But I wasnt even close enough to hitting his car. Oh it pissed me off!!!

RetroBlazer 04-17-2012 02:25 PM

My favorites are the dumbasses that come to a complete STOP in 65MPH traffic to change lanes or merge...

4x4blazerguy 04-17-2012 08:05 PM

Just don't let the idiots get away with anything. Ride their A$$. The world would be much better if there weren't so many F---ing Idoits around.

Little Roober 04-17-2012 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer (Post 514517)
My favorites are the dumbasses that come to a complete STOP in 65MPH traffic to change lanes or merge...

Ok, this really pisses me off. I work for a landscaping company and drive either an F350 pickup with an 18ft. trailer or an F550 dump truck (also, usually with trailer). Yesterday while pulling a tractor behind the pickup, I had some lady go from 70mph to 15 cutting across 3 lanes to stop and look at the exit sign! Meanwhile, all 8 of my tires are locked up and I'm cussing up a storm...

Something like this happens almost every 50 miles. People think because a big rig goes slow, it must be able to stop faster and be more maneuverable... THEY'RE WRONG. Please, dear god people...Give us space. If even one of our semi-indestructible Blazers :icon_qtank: were sammiched between a wall and one of my dump trucks, I'm pretty sure I'll live..The other driver wont be as lucky as I.

FsTFwRd 04-18-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by pettyfog (Post 514457)
Yeah. We all screw up now and then. You cant drive over 3/4 million miles and not, once in a while. That's why two drivers trying to pay attention is best. Drive defensively but optimistically while expecting the unexpected.

When I foof, like starting to change lanes with someone in the blind spot, I take the blame.. even when the guy was just sitting in that position {I try to NEVER hang next to a rear fender}. When the guy looks at me I raise my hand with palm up.. like 'my bad'.

Worse thing though.. after I wrote that yesterday I run errands. I see a chevy pickup 4wd, parked next to my baby, Silverbird.
Get home. I got a ding! Right on the style-stripe at the C-pillar. The ONLY door Ding in this 18yo rust free beauty.

Oh, that would burn me alive!
My son dinged the absolute hell out of a old chevy 2 a few years ago. I felt bad about it, so I had the lady at the target store call over the intercom for him. we walked out and looked at it and he showed me some rust at the bottom of the door and said he was replacing it anyway, not to worry about it. He thanked me and went on with the day.

wyzardd 04-18-2012 12:12 PM

I'm usually mellow and understanding of others, but I've been in a bad mood or something recently -
Driving in to work this morning I was in the right lane and needed to make a left turn eventually, so I started looking for an opportunity to change lanes. Finally I see a large gap between an econobox and a Ford Exploder, so I hit the old turn signal and check the mirrors again. As soon as he saw my signal, the Exploder floored it. The space was big enough that I easily got over anyway, but now I have this junker coming up my rear end at well over the speed limit. It pissed me off. I was sorely tempted to stand on my brakes ... I didn't, but I did touch them enough to show lights.
I never do stuff like that, it's pointless and potentially dangerous, but this guy was off in dream land, falling way behind the car in front, and didn't wake up until I signaled when he became determined that there was no way I'd ever get in his lane!!

Or maybe, this being the Denver/metro area, he'd never seen a turn signal before and just totally panicked

99Legendary 04-18-2012 03:56 PM

What gets me the most is the old people who drive.

Last week, I was on my way to the girlfriend's and I had 3 old ladies run a stop sign right in front of me, then realize it was a stop sign and they would end up stopping in the middle of the intersection.

Everytime I gotta be somewhere on time, I pull out of my driveway just to get behind an elderly man or women doing 20 under the speed limit braking up hills.

I think once you hit the age of 60 you have to re-take your liscence test.

RetroBlazer 04-18-2012 04:14 PM

Personally, I think EVERYONE should have to retake their slave ID test every 3-5 years.

Little Roober 04-18-2012 06:34 PM

On the old people subject...

The old lady down the street from me just hit the gas instead of the brake and took her little Buick off-roading up the cliff at the end of her driveway. :icon_bricks:If she wanted an off road trail up the cliff, I would have done it with my Jimmy...

ComputerNerdBD 04-18-2012 06:59 PM

Some of the people in this college town scare me with their driving and walking habits. Whether it is cutting me off, pulling out in front of me after waiting until it is almost too late for me to slam the brakes on, not signaling, passing me on a double yellow or pedestrians crossing right in front of me, not that many people are safe drivers or pedestrians (except xgiovannix12 that is). I noticed my factory horn doesn't get anyone's attention until the last second, so I bought an air horn from Harbor Freight for $15 and in bad situations if I can, I use both the air and factory horns to prevent an issue, but alot of people who are on the receiving end of the horn have bad attitudes even if it prevents an accident (which it has many times). I don't flip people off unless they really really really do something unsafe or I know the person and have a good reason. One thing I would love to try one day is to use those horns near the college or town police because they have pulled in front of me before for no reason.

But some are so aggressive and dangerous like years ago someone tried to run me off the road trying to get onto a highway and I had to find out firsthand what the top speed on an S-10 series is to stay just 1 meter in front of him to keep him from rearending me. He was so close I could see the bowtie (Chevy) and flies on his grille in my rearview mirror. I could not even see his bumper or plate. It was a Tahoe and I had no idea they are capable of going so fast. He passed me so fast I could not catch his plate. That was once he had the chance (almost taking my mirror off) while flipping me off and honking just when the engine wouldn't make my truck go any faster. I could have sworn I saw him holding something in his hand and I thought it was a weapon so I actually got down as far as I could. He was probably doing at least 120-130. It was not a cop nor a police package Tahoe. Then 2 seconds later my radar detector went off and I had to slam the brakes on. I heard some noises I don't normally hear and the truck was shaky at that speed. Not something I would ever do unless I saw a possible threat again but considering his actions and seeing what I thought was a weapon had I hit the brakes it would have been a high speed crash or worse.

RetroBlazer 04-18-2012 07:20 PM

Common sense is so rare, it should be classified as a super power.

ComputerNerdBD 04-18-2012 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by RetroBlazer (Post 514835)
Common sense is so rare, it should be classified as a super power.

I agree. Why is it called "common sense" then if it is so uncommon?

wyzardd 04-19-2012 06:36 PM

By the gods! What the heck is wrong with people this week? Had a broad right beside me (she was) in a lane that ended and there was no one behind me. She waited until the last second, floored it, then nearly hit me swerving over. Mid-size sedan, so there's no way she didn't see me, she just didn't care... If I didn't value my truck I would have let her smash right into me.

This is a "b!tch about drivers" thread, right?

Rottidog 04-19-2012 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ComputerNerdBD (Post 514876)
I agree. Why is it called "common sense" then if it is so uncommon?

"It's amazing how uncommon common sense really is."

& Wyzard I suppose so, it was one incident I had & felt like posting so... have at 'er.

rexmburns 04-26-2012 09:45 AM

I drive in the DC area everyday and have issues everyday with stupid people. Not to try and stereo type or put down any race but hands down asian women are the worst then its all the yuppies around here that think the world revolves around them and that driving with their knee while talking on a cell phone and putting on makeup or shaving and don't forget trying to read the morning paper simultaniously is normal and/or safe (yes I have seen this on more than one occasion). I just don't understand why people just can't drive. I admit yes I talk on the phone occasionally and yes I do text while driving but I generally save the long responses for a stop light but I really do try and keep it to a minimun and if there is heavy traffic I won't do either. The thing that gets me the most is when I have my family in the car with me. I get very protective of them and any little idiot out there always seems to find me and test my patience. I do pretty good but I have snatched more than one person out of their car at a a stop light. Its not something I am not proud of it and I will say I have spent time in jail for it and lost my license because of it but I feel that when I was done with these idiots they had a far more clear and aware midset on driving. I just wish people would pay a little more attention when they are behind the wheel. My rant is over lol!!

RetroBlazer 04-26-2012 03:32 PM

So I was headed to the doctor today and I am going over a bridge, this dumbass in an old Ford Expedition decides he wants to turn left from the right hand lane (two way street with four lanes and a turn lane) and stops in the middle of the bridge because no one was letting him get over. I laid on my horn and he goes on and starts trying to hit me by weaving all over the road.

I go around him and he follows me, flies around me and blocks the road in front of me (another two way street with four lanes) gets out and stands in the turn lane and reaches behind his back...I know what he's up to so I aim my van at him, put my head down and floored it. I bet he **** his pants because he obviously didn't expect me to try to hit him. He jumps out of the way at the last second and his gun goes flying under his car. I look behind me and see another guy get out of his car with his gun drawn on the dumbass driver and he's flashing a badge.

So I turn around and head back and the off-duty cop has the occupants of the Expedition on the ground and cuffed. We talked and he saw the entire episode and said I did nothing wrong, he would have done the same thing under the circumstances. Takes my name and address though and lets me go on.

People are so f*cking dumb these days...

pettyfog 04-26-2012 05:09 PM

Retro wins!!!
:icon_spitball:

Please tell me he didnt have a carry permit. IIRC, in texas you can carry in your car, or on your hip in the open, but if it's concealed, you gotta have a permit, right?

wyzardd 04-26-2012 05:44 PM

Blazer - 74520 joules at only 20mph
.45acp - 447 joules

A long time ago some punks stole a Ford Taurus and went joyriding. They managed to annoy me enough that I actually had my 1911 in hand ... then remembered that I, too, was driving a 2-ton weapon (Pontiac Bonneville, not a Blazer back then).
Insurance covered most of the damage, since there was no one to dispute my version of the events except car thieves, but in the days before everyone had a cell phone it took a heck of a long time to get the police to show up.

As a newlywed, I really had better things to do that night than play chicken with teenagers or wait around for Denver PD

Ugly_Monkey 05-03-2012 03:42 AM

Road rage is a funny thing...

Ever since i put the "Your truck sucks" on my rear window I've felt a noticeably different attitude in traffic. The Lifted Ford guys are the worst! ha ha, they zoom up on my butt and swerve around like morons, I laugh... and go slower. The Jeep guys are funny, they usually give my truck a nod of respect, and act as if it doesn't apply to them. The Toyota guys however, either take it really well, or freak out and act like we are suddenly at the track, regardless... I drive slower. Cars, ha ha, they are afraid now anyways. Bottom line; he who laughs last, laughs last. So use that middle finger to turn up the radio and let off the gas a little. Smile and wave like your an idiot at all the idiots and you will be so amused at how retardely angry they are that you will not even care anymore.

https://img9.imageshack.us/img9/545/wp000629.jpg

Fact is if you are above average intelligence, then MORE then half of everyone else is stupid! Something to think about.

In fact I am getting another decal that simply reads "the closer you get, the slower I go".

I should put a decal under my bumper that says "If you can read this YOUR insurance is responsible for damages".

xgiovannix12 05-03-2012 02:20 PM

Lol ^^^

ComputerNerdBD 05-03-2012 05:01 PM

Alot of people in this town are reckless. Yesterday, a silver 2nd gen Blazer (identical to mine if it wasn't a Jimmy) tried to pull in front of me and actually made it into my lane just feet away from me. I hit the brakes and the air horns and he kept going and he was about to get in front of me. I hit the normal horn and he stopped and I was able to just barely get around him. Then he started to go and almost hit the back of my truck. I prevented the accident with the horns. Also thank god I just had new heavy duty ceramic pads and new rotors put on the front or it would have been a crash. He was close and I was only doing 20mph before all this happened. Then he followed me to the Burger King drive thru just feet away from my cargo rack and I felt he was following me, so I locked the doors, wrote down his plate number and was ready to get out of there and call the police, but I got away before he managed to continue. I don't know what is with this town, but there is no shortage of dangerous drivers.

Defiant 05-03-2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ugly_Monkey (Post 517645)
Road rage is a funny thing...

Ever since i put the "Your truck sucks" on my rear window I've felt a noticeably different attitude in traffic. The Lifted Ford guys are the worst! ha ha, they zoom up on my butt and swerve around like morons, I laugh... and go slower. The Jeep guys are funny, they usually give my truck a nod of respect, and act as if it doesn't apply to them. The Toyota guys however, either take it really well, or freak out and act like we are suddenly at the track, regardless... I drive slower. Cars, ha ha, they are afraid now anyways. Bottom line; he who laughs last, laughs last. So use that middle finger to turn up the radio and let off the gas a little. Smile and wave like your an idiot at all the idiots and you will be so amused at how retardely angry they are that you will not even care anymore.

https://img9.imageshack.us/img9/545/wp000629.jpg

Fact is if you are above average intelligence, then MORE then half of everyone else is stupid! Something to think about.

In fact I am getting another decal that simply reads "the closer you get, the slower I go".

I should put a decal under my bumper that says "If you can read this YOUR insurance is responsible for damages".

This guy needs to be given the nobel peace prize for drivers.

Ugly_Monkey 05-03-2012 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Defiant (Post 517800)
This guy needs to be given the nobel peace prize for drivers.

Don't worry, that's just how I drive the truck in the city. I drive the Z26 like I'm "that guy", I "have a problem", and "it's all YOUR fault"! It's a yin/yang thing I guess.

CenTexBiker 05-04-2012 01:01 AM

getting decal for back window that says" Army Veteran with PTSD. Please mess with me."