Street N Strip Post your vacation driving stories, day at the track, breakdowns, safety issues, driving techniques, unique driving conditions, etc. STREET RACING STORIES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Wasn't my fault this time!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Wasn't my fault this time!

So I was sitting at this stop light right... and the light turned green, so I gave her some gas. Went two feet before I hear a loud clunk and some banging and no more movement. Threw my rear driveshaft off... again.

Well I just happened to be the first at the light so all the people behind me had to go around. I had like 3 people in a row tell me my driveshaft was on the ground... like I didn't already know. Luckily a cable guy stopped and helped push her off the road... he had a reflective vest, I knew I should have gotten one the day before... anyway off subject.

I got underneath to assess the damage, first thing I noticed was one of the brackets clamping the rear U-joint to the Rear Axle had been twisted and snapped, so I went ahead and pulled the driveshaft out... and burned my arm on my muffler in the process, it still hurts. Um... oh while doing that I noticed that the yoke on my rear end was pointed up towards the bottom of my truck... not good, I thought the whole thing was turned like that... turns out it was just the pumpkin. I somehow broke the welding that attached it to the axle housing. So yeah, what started as an easy fix... turned into yet another rear end that I broke...

Luckily my neighbor has access to a car trailer, so I got him to come and give me a tow. So now Kayla is sad

I'll get some pics up when I start working on her.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:52 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

That sucks! Whatdya do? Run the pumpkin with no oil?

Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Excuse the pun but, are you sure the pinks not a jinx? LOL

Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix. At least you have access to cheap parts. I'd be crying in front of the bank manager. LOL

Old 05-25-2009, 05:46 AM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that sucks.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That does suck...sounds like a rough weekend lol.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

ouch, sorry to hear that, hope you have her back up on the road soon

Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Who welded the perches onto the rear axle?? That should never happen.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:06 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Who welded the perches onto the rear axle?? That should never happen.
The title of the thread says it all...

"It wasn't my fault!" hahahaha sorry...couldn't resist

Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk28
The title of the thread says it all...

"It wasn't my fault!" hahahaha sorry...couldn't resist
Um.. Yeah... So she did not weld the perches on... Yeah, got that. But who ever "welded" them on should not be allowed to do it again.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran

Kyle...I was being sarcastic lol.

I was implying those who say "It wasn't my fault, I swear" are usually the culprits

Quick Reply: Wasn't my fault this time!