Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

2 to 4 inch lift for a 2000 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:34 PM
jessesjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 to 4 inch lift for a 2000 blazer

im looking to run 32 inch tires on an 2000 blazer 4 door 4wd how much lift and what lift kits are the best to go with. ive looked at body lifts and suspention lifts and im not sure which way to go. Im thinking a 2" body lift makes the most sense, but that will only get me 31" tires. Im not sure I want to go with a suspention lift, one of my friends has a 99 s10 pick up with a 2 inch superlift kit in it and the ride is not great It might just be because its a pick up with add a leafs. Im used to jeeps so ride comfort is a little lax in my books but ive already got a cherokee that rides like a tank I want my blazer to ride smooth, its my daylie driver. what Im really looking for in a suspention lift is a kit that will replace my tortion bars and rear leafs with a stiffer set I want to lift the truck and firm up the ride.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 2 to 4 inch lift for a 2000 blazer

well for starters try going with lift springs and shocks and also leaf springs that are bent for lifted trucks those will give u a great stance and a good ride as well as stiffening it up when u use specific parts ment for ur application they are made for what ur lookin for if ur rear is still to stiff and rides like crap do a bag on a leaf setup that will smooth out the ride.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:20 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: 2 to 4 inch lift for a 2000 blazer

lift springs and add-a-leafs? no... on the 4x4's there aren't front springs. it is torsion bar suspension. The reason the s-10 rode rough is because the 2 inch lift by superlift (or any company for that matter) cranks the toresion bars to the max.... this stiffens the ride...... go with a 6 inch superlift.... or just body lift and trim the fenders.....