Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

3" drop

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:06 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3" drop

Hey guys, I have bought a 3" drop all way around from Bell tech, w/ deutchtech shocks-
BUT I have a couple questions-

Question 1-
Will the truck settle lower than 3" after the drop is done?

Question 2-
How long will this drop take me? (im doing it with one of my friends) I anticipate 3 days.

Question 3-
Has anyone else performed a 3" drop, and do i have to worry alot about dips, pot holes, speed bumps/hump, etc...?

Old 01-20-2005, 01:02 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: 3" drop

I was sondering it the 3 inch up front is all spindle or is it shock/spindle?
thanks

Old 02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

1. usually when the springs settle, they will reach the 3" drop.
2. it all depends on how much you know, what kind of tools you use(hand or power), and how quicly you work. so it could be an afternoon to 3 days.
3. as far as speed bumps go, you will defininatly feel them more, but i don't think you have to worry about scrapeing. just slow down over them and avoid pot holes anyways, they aren't too good for rims and tires anyways.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:37 PM

sorry dude finnaly looked at this post. I JUST INSTALLED IT TODAY, HURRAY, took 3 hours for front and back-

REAR:
3" blocks w/ deutchtech shocks

FRONT:
1" springs
2" spindles
w/ deutchtech shocks

Old 02-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Blaize70 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey dude did u do it all on ur own?? if so what tools and stuff did u need and how mch did it all cost and what parts did u buy. i am thinkin of lowerin my 02 xtreme as well (2 in front 3 in rear) so if u could gimme any pointers they would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 02-27-2005, 12:02 AM
benzodogg is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah me too man let me know....I want to do the same 2 inch front and 3 inch rear drop on my 02 as well

Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 AM

i had to get a ball joint tool from napa to remove the ball joint to fit the new spindle in as well as a jack, some jack stands, and ramps, as well as an impact wrench, lots of grease, a creeper and seat so that your back and *** dont go to hell during the ordeal, some basic wrenches and sockets and you'll be fine. But beware if your replacing shocks like i did be sure that they seat perfect (on the front ones) other wise you get some unwanted screeching noise, but some prying cured that. Also get aligned as soon as your done. my camber was so off when i was done that tires fought each other and i left black marks in and out of the drive way going in a straight line. I used belltech springs, spindles, block, and doetch tech front and rear shock. Also make sure you cut your bump stop in half because they 3" drop in the back is about all your stock clearence was , other wise your friends will not have a good time riding the back.

the kit was nice it also came with polyeurathane bushing for the spindle a nice addition, body roll was greatly redused, and looks where greatly inproved, i went with a 3" drop front and back and man does it look sharp, maybe tommorow i will get out my dad's digital camera and show yall since i washed it today.

P.S. The rear drop is much easier than the front (at least from my experience)

P.S. make sure keep all bolt that you removed,
becareful about the abs line on the front brakes if your changing the spindle out,
make sure to reinstall brake pads perfect other wise the 1st time you hit the brakes they will seat them selves and it will probably scare you.
take your time other wise it will **** you off (at least i did me and i'm usually very hard to **** off)
you probably want a friend to help you as well.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:45 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend a C-notch in back. After my static drop I hit one huge pot hole (Michigan is full of them) and my axle hit the frame. That was enough for me. I had a notch two weeks later. Should probably flip rear brake line too. Probably rubbing against frame.

Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 PM

yeah im thinking about it now, its just so rough riding in the rear, so i dunno time will tell