Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Bag & Destroy

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bag & Destroy

I'm baggin' the Blaze. I had decided on a drop kit, but I cancelled the order. I don't want to be stuck sitting low all the time. So, I decided to bag it. That way I can raise up for my daily driving ventures and hit rail when I'm creeping throught the hood. I'm looking for a FBSS kit with two compressors, two tanks 3 gallon or bigger (or one large tank), all 3/8" fittings, valves, and hose, dual pressure guages, 200 psi or better switch. I want this baby to hop off the ground! So can anybody help me in finding the best kit with an awesome price tag. I found a local one with all the stuff I mentioned and more for $1200. That is my price range.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Bag & Destroy

i'd go 1/2" on everything. i'd also get slamspecialties re6 bags, just one 7 gallon air tank, and just one viair 480 compressor. that's what i was going to get for my blaze, anyway. you can pretty much build your own kit from sd.com and it should be around 1300 bucks.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:31 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

check www.suicidedoors.com Thats where my room mate got his bag stuff, he has slam speacialties I think the RE7's

Old 12-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Why just one compressor? What about 2-480 compressors on a 7 gallon or bigger tank? Will 3/8" valves make it hop or would I have better luck with the 1/2" valves? I was checking out SD.com and I like the control arms with bags installed, and the 4 link kits with bags, but I dont want to wait a year to get all the cash together for that. So I would like to get a triangulated 4 link, and some cups together for the front at a decent price, that way I dont have to spend the time fabricating them myself. This is something I want to do within the next four to six months. So if anyone has or knows someone who has experience with any of the afore mentioned products, tell me a little about them, and whether or not they are worth the money.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't think they make kits for Blazers. All of the kits you see are for S-10's, not Blazers. Those kits will not work on a Blazer.I have a custom built 4-link in the rear. Eitherthat or youcanrun an air-over-leaf set-up.

If you want it to hop, then go with 1/2 fills. Have to run a ton of pressure to get it to hop also. Slams give you a ton of lift and might be hard to get to hop.

Good luck.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM

Well, 1/2" all the way around then. The 4 links I was checking out I know are for S10's, but they make universals also probably not with bags though. I do know that the local shop I was speaking of has their own bagged 4 link for the Blazer and they make bagged control arm kits too, but they want way too much for them. Can I go with a universal? I really don't want to fabricate if it's not necessary.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:39 PM

I believe your only option for the back with no fab work would be air-over-leaf from AirRide. Have to put in a c-notch too. How low do you want to go? Your cargo floor willneed to be cut if you plan on layin' frame.

http://www.ridetech.com/productinfo/airoverleaf.asp

Old 12-29-2006, 08:37 PM

Did you C notch yours? I'm a bit apprehensive about doing that, after all it is my DD. I want it to drop as low as possible without the C notch. How thick of metal did you use on your cups and 4 link. Most of the ones I've seen are 1/4", I don't think that is strong enough. We used 3/8" on my brothers 1/2 ton chevy truck (had a 16 inch C-notch built from square tubed steel) and he snapped the rear right top bracket in half and bent the other. His was a big time dragger though. He even built a square tubed bar in the rear under the roll pan to shower the street with sparks.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:29 PM

I have the Blazer bolt-in notch from suicidedoors.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/BlazerBolt-inC-Notch.php

Even with my static drop I had a notch.

My front bags are just the standard S-10 front bag kit from Suicidedoors. Running Airlift bags. Rear is all custom. Suicidedoors built the bars but that is it. All the rest was fabed.

My ride is as low as you can go without cutting the floor.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:29 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i'm debating on cutting the floor out in mine. if i keept he stock rims on it, i don't think i'll have to. but yeah, if you don't wanna do any fabrication, i'd go with the air over leaf. you can also get a bolt on cnotch from sd.com for i think 79 bucks. just tell'em you're from s10forum.com and they'll give you a discount.

Quick Reply: Bag & Destroy