Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

bagging a 2wd blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default bagging a 2wd blazer

i have bagged quite a few with the ac, yes you can keep it on 18's when bagging the front all you need to do is relocate all your wheel well stuff, its easy just so you know i will explain:

first on the passenger side wheel well start with removing your battery you will need to relocate that inside and in the rear with that done leaves you the room needed to move the computer on that side forward towards your core support your overflow tank will need to be scraped and you will need to go get a smaller universal one from a part store they usually are about 20 bucks and they come with a mounting bracket that you will attatch to your core support as for you ac you will need to cut around were the blower motor is and sink it in as far as you can get it to the firewall then replastic weld it or jb weld it you will need to reseal it so whatever you can do to ensure a tight seal no leak and make sure that the blower doesn't bind on anything or you wont have your ac.

Now for the driver side if you don't have abs its as simple as unbolting your fuse box and attatching that to the core support your factory intake will need to be removed and a cone filter will need to be put on consider it a short ram intake if you have abs you will need to unbolt the abs control unit and move it in next to the master cylinder and attatch it there with zip ties unless you do a bypass and scrap the abs like alot of minitruckers do cause if your brakes ever did go out all you gotta do is lay it out and you will stop.

After you move all the components on the wheel wells you will have an enormous amount of room to cut out your wheel wells to stuff your wheels in them, start by cutting from the tops of the wheel wells and down the sides of them only cut enough for clearance once you start cutting then letting it down you will see how much you need to cut as you go little by little till there is no rubbing when laid out .

Now for the rear you will need to take out your interior for you will be modifying it later to fit back over the hump you will have after you notch the rear now on blazer's you don't need king kong notches remember your bagging it on 18's so just a few inches above the frame will do and then therewill be a miner hump.suggestion for the rear counter leave the rear by taking the forward leaf spring mount cutting it out clean and moving it as far up on the frame as possible then using square tubing build your lower bars from that to the rear end on those bars mount your lower bag mount to that then place your upper bag mount on the side of the frame in the middle of the frame therefore you will get lots of lift and it will ride real nice in the rear after you tub the inside and redo the floor to accompany the notches take your interior and put it in and start trimming it to fit you will need a carpet kit to because in the back the factory carpet will not cover everything like before.

As for the front just go through aim industries or chassis tech for the tubular uppers lowers and drop spindles they have a special on the front setup both sides for 750.00 and it comes with upper and lower control arms drop spindles and two bags and steel fittings and its all bolt in oh and the cups for the front to plus shocks and lifted shock mounts that will need to be welded in,

Also you wanna shock the rear make sure you have it laid out before you mount the shocks in the rear so the shocks dont bottom out before you lay it out, that would look really bad. If you have any questions send me an email i will be more than happy to help out with any concerns. Any additional info if needed just ask.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
Default RE: bagging a 2wd blazer

when i do bag mine i will take pictures and have a tech article for it i will actually go step by step without leaving out anything so hopefully soon i will start that and update as i go!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe want to break that up a bit... Its very difficult to read...

Old 10-13-2007, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran

how would i break it up for a better write up on it any help would be appreciated you've been a help to alot of other posts to thanks

Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

more punctuation will help a LOT. not to be rude but reading anything with no punctuation is almost as hard as saying the entire thing, out loud, without pausing for a breath. use commas and periods to break updifferent actions.

you can hit [ENTER] twice to make a new paragraph. when you started telling how to do the drivers side, you could have started a new paragraph so others can understand that everything in the first paragraph is for the passenger side, and everything in the second paragraph is for the drivers side. then start a new paragraph explaining the process for the rear wheels

i put in a period and a few commas for an example
ORIGINAL: thegr81

...i will explain first on the passenger side wheel well. start with removing your battery, you will need to relocate that inside and in the rear, with that done leaves you the room needed to move the computer on that side forward towards your core support, your overflow tank will need to be scraped and you will need to go get a smaller universal one from a part store, they usually are about 20 bucks...

...now for the driver side, if you don't have abs its as simple as unbolting your fuse box and attatching that to the core support. your factory intake will need to be removed and a cone filter will need to be put on, consider it a short ram intake...
this is purely constructive criticism and is not meant to sound like me telling you how to do something

Old 10-14-2007, 03:52 AM
BF Veteran

i appreciate that alot otnietdehoooo i was askin cause i needed some help i don't do grammar that well with the punctuations and stuff i shoulda wrote it down and had someone proof read it first so then it woulda looked alot better plus been more legible i appreciate your help alot i will try to get it corrected best i can after i do a lil correcting you mind looking at it again for me so it looks alot better for everyone i appreciate your help just like anyone who helps me its very much appreciated.i made my attempt at making it better if you see were i can make additional improvements let me know what i can do i appreciate the help thanks ya'll.