Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Body or Suspension?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Beginning Member
bigt7088 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body or Suspension?

Hey guys! I've got a 2000 4x4 4dr that I'm wanting to put alift on. I've been looking into getting a 2 inch susp, but I've heard this can potentiallymess up the geometry with shafts and etc. But other than looks and avoiding body damage, I don't see any benefits of a body lift. I already ripped thetailpipe off from getting stuckon a steep hill.I guess my question is how often to 2 inch suspension lifts give problems for people? And do body liftsoffer a lot more for off roading capabilities than I'm thinking?This vehicle is still gonna be the vehicle I get back and forth to college with... Thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
dubb_05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Body or Suspension?

From what I understand the body lift is just for looks ( correct me if im wrong ). And the suspension is what you would want if u are offroading and wanting clearance. Ive decided for mine to just lift by cranking the torsion bars and putting shackles in the *** end.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

body lift gets you 2" of the frame which allows for larger tires, which will give you .5-1.5" more ground clearence than stock.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

it will give you .5" more ground clearance... only way you can get 1.5" more ground clearance with a body lift alone is to run 33's... to run 33's, you would pretty much have to remove the fenders on a 2nd gen. On a 1st gen you get a 3"BL and trim the fenders to clear 33's...
no possible way you are getting 1.5" more ground clearance off of just a body lift. At least no logical or reasonable way.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

APPROACH ANGLES.

lol j/k.

I did the 2' suspension thing....and will be doing the 2' body lift as well..I think it looks great. And usually 4x4s want wheel well space...stuffing the wells is for baggers..

Old 04-06-2008, 12:47 AM
catruck is an unknown quantity at this point

i did a trailmaster 5in suspension trailmaster 2in body lift and put on 33in tires and it looks good and rides just fine

Old 04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

good lookin truck! wish I had the extra $$$ to do that

Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Beginning Member
bigt7088 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really appreciate the input. A torsion bar lift concerns me of breaking a joint when I'm driving to school (an hour drive).(and for WolfPack, did I read somewhere that70 miles after your 2 inch lift, your CV went out?)Also, it seems the like the 6 inch may be a little too complex for me to do. Maybe I should just keep my Blazer for commuting only and save up for a more authentic off road vehicle... what do you guys think? Thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:02 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

well you can still get a lift, an be fine. Im going to be getting a 2" suspension from RC an it is my daily driver.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Or just do a slight tb crank and get a bodylift as well to get plenty of room for the bigger tires. Thats what I am doing. And if 1.5 inches of clearance is whats holding you back from just doing a bodylift, then thats rediculous. Of all the times I have been stuck another 1 inch of clearance wasn't going to make things any better. The bigger tires make the diff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body or Suspension?