Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

inexpensive lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default inexpensive lift

Whats the total price, for everything, that i should expect to pay for a 2" suspension lift. Im trying to go as low budget as possible with everything but i really want to avoid goin with a body lift.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: inexpensive lift

Personally its not worth the cost to gain 1/2" more ground clearance. Especially since you won't gain any articulation.

I would rather install a $100 body lift to gian working space under the hood and body. Plus space to install a V8. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 06-12-2006, 01:48 AM

Well how much does the frame stick out the bottom with a body lift. Because the main reason i need the lift is because my tires and fenders are ripping each other apart.
I have plenty of ground clearance already for the trails i ride, but looks are important too. I would settle for a body lift as long as it doesnt look too bad.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

My front tires and fenders are doing the same thing. The fenders are taking little chunks or rubber off the tread of the tires. Kinda sucks alot. I was looking into stiffening the front suspension to see if that corrects the problem. Are your back tires rubbing too? For some reason, mine arent.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 AM

No, I havent had it happen with the back tires at all, either. But I did manage to get one of my back tires stuck in the wheelwell the other night when i had it in an akward position.

The front tires hit when i justgo over a speed bump too fast.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:22 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

The frame is going to show some with a body lift, but if you get some side tube steps it will help hide it. The side steps will not decrease your ground clearance. It takes at least 2" of lift to fit 31"s without rubbing, the biggest size to fit without any lift is a 30.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I have 30 inch tires on and the front tires rub the fenders when going over speed bumps too fast or big dips in the road. Gonna rise the torsion bar tomorrow and hopefully that helps.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Is there any risk of damaging the side steps at all when im screwing around on the trails? Because that thought has crossed my mind now and again.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:22 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure, you could damage them, but the bottom of your frame is lower than the bottom of the side steps. If you wheel carefully, you shouldnt have a problem.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:00 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Side steps=rock magnets.

You want rock sliders.

the frame is already visible below the body, 2" more isn't going to make that much of a difference. The only place it will be noticable is the fender wells. Either make or buy the gap guard kit. I made my gap guards out of old pringint press blankets. The blankets are rubber with a cloth type material back. They withstand thousands of impressions between two steel rollers that weigh 500 pounds each. They should hold up fine to a littel mud. You could use other materials, get creative. Old belt material from the family farm works as well. Trucker mud flaps. There are numerous posibilities.

Quick Reply: inexpensive lift