Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Loud humming/roaring from front left side

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Loud humming/roaring from front left side

Yup, I was going to say a wheel bearing as well.

Right after I purchased my Bravada, I had a cyclic vibration at interstate speeds (~70-75mph). It was traced down to bad bearings in the front axle. The dealership had to rebuild the entire front axle on it.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 AM
hoppy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

The parts guy called back and said that yes he looked up the job that he had remembered and it was the wheel bearing. The wheel is not pulling and the wheel is not wobbly at all. That's the first thing I had him check. But at this point, I think I'll buy a wheel bearing assembly and replace the left wheel assembly. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll use it on the right side and see if this fixes the problem.

Thanks for the advice folks! Reaaaaallly appreciate it!

Happy Blazin'.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
BENNETT267 is an unknown quantity at this point

hoppy2, Did you replace the wheel bearing as of yet and if so, was that the problem. I am having similar problems with my 1998 Jimmy. It has a steady humming/roar and grinding sound. I did raise it and the drivers side wheel does wobble. Two days ago, I had it appart and discovered that both rotors where shot on the back side. It appeared as the dealer I purchased it from had known of the rotors going and just stuck new pads on it. The pads took the shape of the worn rotors. Those and pads where replaced, but the other problems still exist. I have purchased a new wheel bearing assembly and am going to meet a mechanic friend at his garage tonight. Just thought I would ask if it had curred your problem.