Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

new lower ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:11 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new lower ball joints

i finally got my lower ball joints replace this past friday(dec 7). i was told about 2.5 months ago that i needed new ones. i wish i was more mechanically inclined to do it myself casue it was $400 for parts,labor, and an alignment. the guys installed moog lower ball joints. now i feel a whole lot safe going down the road. lol

jimmyboy

Old 12-09-2007, 03:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: new lower ball joints

hooray for new ball joints! I just got mine replaced too! Just out of curiousity, what mileage were you at when they started failing 2.5 months ago? or now, either one. Mine made it a paltry 96k before I had to replace em.

Bad news for me is that now I think I've got a failing bearing/hub on my front left...

Old 12-09-2007, 03:29 PM

close to 125900 miles which i think is pretty good for a 1995 and on originals.

jimmyboy

Old 12-09-2007, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha, replaced my uppers and lowers at 80K and I, too, have failing hub bearings...both sides. One bit of good news about it is my brother is willing to replace them for me this time-something he wasn't willing to do with the ball joints. Going to buy the ones from Synergy and bring 'em down to Jersey the weekend after Christmas.

@ jimmyboy-I had to get used to not babying it around corners for the first 100 miles or so after they were replaced. Definitely feels better not having to worry about the front end separating, doesn't it?

Old 12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

go mine done this past summer, it was $420ish... & at 141,000 by the way.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:45 PM

yea it is, i drive on US40/ 440 Beltline in Raleigh and i was bittin my lip every time i hit a hole or big bump that i didnt see my tires goin 65mph beside me. now i dont have to worry.

jimmyboy

Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I agree with putting in aftermarket ball joints such as moog. Unfortunately the OEM ones are just to sloppy and the factory specs allow for .250" play before they require replacement.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:58 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I might just have to replace mine, maybe with this talk about ball joints I am going to have to inspect mine now!!! Good thing I know how to replace them myself I couldn't afford to pay what you guys do for parts and labor ouch!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Keep them front ends greased up!

Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
MVPalmer271 is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced mine myself today with aftermarket. 95 bucks and a ton of headaches. I'm getting ready to finish putting it back together and i was woundering if i could Greese my hubs while i had them off? The only place i see is the hole where the speed sensor goes will this be ok? Thanks

Quick Reply: new lower ball joints